cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ManyCam not being recognized by zoom

DMama
Newcomer
Newcomer

Is anyone having a hard time with ManyCam as a virtual camera?
Zoom is not recognizing ManyCam at all.  Does anyone know how to fix it?

11 REPLIES 11

danielfajardo
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same here...

ChristinaL
Newcomer
Newcomer

Did you find an answer to this issue? Still not working for me

ChristinaL
Newcomer
Newcomer

Completed Zoom update & that added Manycam microphone, still no camera HELP

DMama
Newcomer
Newcomer

I know!  No solution yet.  

RedDouglas
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same problem on MacOS Sonoma running on Apple silicon.  Zoom doesn't see ManyCam virtual camera.

Any solution yet? 

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

This is not a Zoom issue, but rather a Manycam and Sonoma issue. 

if you go to the Manycam community support forum you will see other Manycam users are having the same issue in Teams, Facebook,  Google hangouts and other applications.

Sonoma had a security ‘upgrade’ that creates the issue If the app developer (Manycam in this case) uses legacy system extensions.

Until Manycam updates their software the only fix is in this Apple support document.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/108387 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Manycam most recent update does NOT fix. this is a cave man problem Zoom blame Manycam, Manycam blame Zoom. someone figure out a SOLUTION PLEASE! MY CLASSES ARE SUFFERING

Hello @DMama

Did you find @Frank_TB answer helpful? If so, please don't forget to mark it as an accepted solution. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

ETS
Newcomer
Newcomer
You need to use 8.2.0.1 compatible with the latest Mac OS 14+ available here:
- Uninstall your current Manycam and install version 8.2+
- Make sure you allow Manycam in your Privacy & Security settings for Camera so other apps can see it. Scroll way down on one of the privacy pages to find a message asking permission, click the button that allowed access to the new Manycam camera!   

That did not work when I tried it. But maybe Zoom has done an update, so I will try it again. Thank you. Also, ManyCam is not honoring their “lifetime“ agreement with the updates so that’s a sad story as well