Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to Convert Recording Error

Groundzero
Newcomer
Newcomer

Got an error message Failed To Convert Recording 

I click on destination - see the large file - double click it and looks like downloading in cloud but cuts out and doe not convert. Help if any pne can please!  Is an important item 

Thanks Colin 

6 REPLIES 6

CarlaA

Hi @Groundzero thank you for posting for the first time and welcome to the Zoom Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're facing trouble converting your recording. I know tech hiccups can be frustrating.

The "Failed to Convert Recording" error can pop up for various reasons, but let's try to resolve it step by step.

Here's what you can do:

1. Sign Out and Restart: Start by signing out of Zoom on both the web and desktop applications. After that, give your machine a restart.

2. Manual Conversion Attempt: Once your machine is back up, sign back into the Zoom app. Follow these steps to convert the recording manually:

• Open the Zoom desktop client.
    • Go to the "Meetings" tab.
    • Click on the "Recorded" tab.
    • Find the meeting with the recording you want to convert.
    • Click "Convert."

Let me know if that helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

None of these options have worked. Is there anything else I can try?  

Did you find a resolution to this?

I just has the same thing last night 🙄

CGale
Newcomer
Newcomer

Did you ever get this to work? I recorded a podcast interview and I cannot get mine to convert. I tried everything listed below, but nothing has worked. HELP!

Hi,

Are you able to see the double click files under the folder? when you double click it, nothing happened?

If so, please copy the two double click files and pasted them to a new created folder,  then double click one of them again.

Regards

JacHodges
Newcomer
Newcomer

Is there a resolution to this as I just had this also last night.