cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you record a meeting via QuickTime?

Bill_B
Newcomer
Newcomer

Apologies if this is redundant, but I can't seem ti find a definitive answer.

Does Zoom block people from recording meetings using QuickTime?

I was a participant in a meeting that I did not own/initiate. 

I tried to record a meeting via QuickTime on my Macbook Pro to reference later.

It started recording, then stopped at least once. I stopped paying attention.

Anything that I recorded was not saved, unlike other QuickTime recordings. 

When I do a "test meeting" with just myself and initiate it, I can record it, but that's just with myself.

4 REPLIES 4

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Employee

Hello @Bill_B

This topic has been brought up before in the community. Here is one post that I have found related to Quicktime recordings. https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/QuickTime-player-screen-recording-detectable-by-zoom/m-p/4186...

Please let me know if this is helpful for you. To my knowledge, you can use third-party apps to record in a meeting. I have used ScreenPal 3.0 before and it makes a high definition quality recording of my screen that I am sharing. This is what I use to send to customers when I am attempting to share with them how a function of Zoom should work. I hope that this helps. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hello @YaBoiB,

Is this still valid that if i use a third party software such as Quicktime player or GameBox, the meeting owner would not know that some screen recording is being done by someone? Any chances through network monitoring or something?

YaBoiB

Hello @cena

Yes, from a Zoom perspective, this is still valid. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I cannot answer the networking monitoring question because I am not a network administrator, so I do not know what functions network monitoring has over one's machine. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Thank you so much @YaBoiB