cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CamTwist and StreamLabs virtual cameras not showing up in Zoom on MacOs

stacp
Newcomer
Newcomer

I would like to use different virtual cameras in Zoom. Zoom shows me the OBS Virtual Camera and that works fine (unlike for some others as I’ve seen in similar posts on here) but it does not show me the virtual cameras from CamTwist and StreamLabs. Both put out a virtual camera stream but they simply do not show up in the video source selection in Zoom.

It was working fine on my old laptop but it’s not working on my new one. I have tried de-installing and re-installing Zoom, CamTwist, StreamLabs … they are all up to date and (as far as I know) all have the relevant permissions in my settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’m on a November 2023 MacBook Pro (Apple M3 Max), Sonoma 14.1.2. Zoom is 5.16.10.

3 REPLIES 3

ADHDreWired
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm having the same issue. 

Wahab_Chandio
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am also facing the same issue and also my external mic is not working. this is all about the mac update of Sonoma before that my everything was working.

skippingrock
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello @stacp I just found this posting. But I did find an answer for you. The reason why CamTwist doesn't work is that Legacy video device support has been turned off for macOS Sonoma 14.1 and above. 

But there is hope! you can reenable it on your system with these instructions from Apple.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/108387

Of course you will be lowering the new security features of macOS to be able to show you when a camera is in use, but if you really need your video camera software working, this is how you can do it in Zoom and any other application that you used to use your camera before.

Hope this helps for you and others!