cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent: Livestream app 502 bad gateway error

pchiass
Explorer
Explorer

the Live stream app has been set up and in use for several weeks now without issue.  Yesterday and today, I cannot get the livestream app to open up. I get a '502 bad gateway' error.  I have a 64-bit Windows business PC with 16gb ram; 1 tb hardrive. I am hardwired into my internet, that has been rebooted as well, yesterday. 

I have: 

rebooted computer, 

updated zoom app,

unstinalled zoom app, rebooted pc then redownloaded and installed. 

I have a two-tiered masterclass coming up where one tier is livestream only and the other is paid vip to join the meeting in the zoom room. Any assistance is appreciated. 

Penny

38 REPLIES 38

Kbochonko
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same, multiple peers having same issue from various parts of the USA with different equipment and accounts. Clearly a problem on the other end.  Zoom’s lack of support is aggravating.

anyone have a fix? 

Same! 😩 I have just added a comment on the first pinned post of their IG. It looks like they reply, so I would advice you do the same. If there are multiple comments they will have to address it 🤞🏻🤞🏻

NicoleLC
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am having the same issue now and it is unbelievably frustrating

Anna_b1
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am having the same issue and I had to cancel a live training in my fb community yesterday which is super frustrating and there were members waiting. It doesn’t sound like it’s anything we have control over. Zoom needs to keep up updated. If there is an issue that’s fine, but acknowledge it and give us an idea of when I will be fixed. This is our business and our livelihood. 

Exactly !!!!  They expect us to pay on time - it has to deliver from its end too!  What other streaming options shall we go to???

Anna_b1
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same! 😩 I have just added a comment on the first pinned post of their IG. It looks like they reply, so I would advice you do the same. If there are multiple comments they will have to address it 🤞🏻🤞🏻

just did as you suggested - hopefully they figure it out

Tka
Newcomer
Newcomer

The livestream app says error for days now it's ruining my business this week & the promises I have with my clients this is really unacceptable Zoom!!! Fix it NOW please !

Tka
Newcomer
Newcomer

I've left a message on their instagram account - please let us know if they fix it. 
I was trying to figure out if I could un-instal then re-instal the specific livestream app itself - have you tried this?  not sure if its possible

yes. That did not work. disable fire walls, rebooted wifi. This is clearly a 'them issue'

caret19
Newcomer
Newcomer

also having same issue for the last few days - unable to use "livestreaming" app from zoom - 502 bad gateway error.  not sure how to fix... 

CarlaA
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi everyone!

Thank you for reporting this issue via the Zoom Community. Our engineering team has been working hard on the backend to locate the root cause and has now restored functionality. 

Please do let us know if you are still experiencing issues with the Live stream App. Thank you! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Thank you. This went on for days. As a small business owner who has not reason to pay extra for premium support, it would be nice to receive email communications where there is an outage. I spent a great deal of time to attempt to resolve this issue and search alternatives to support my business.  

Prior to the Bad Gateway error I had no issues with livestreaming into a facebook group. In the process of troubleshooting, I did remove the app and then re-add the app to zoom. This meant that all of my custom RTMP channels were erased. I set them up (yes, correctly) - and now the service will no longer work. I know at least 5 other people personally where they are also always now getting the same message: 

Error: Failed to connect to Zoom services
Please refresh the app and try again. Logging out of all streaming platforms and adding these channels again may solve the error. If the error persists, contact Zoom support.

I have done all of the required actions...the error persists. I am now considering just going to streamyard and paying for that because I really cannot have my business impacted to this degree. 

I have seen NOTHING online in response from ZOOM support but MANY posts where people are asking about this frustrating red-letter error... So is the problem that zoom has no idea how to remedy this?

I had it working perfectly fine before I had to remove and add it back on. So clearly I know what I am doing. But all of the other people who I have tried to help set this up more recently - it doesn't work and they get this error.

Please, please figure this out and post what exact steps we need to take in a forum or support post.

Mine still is not working 

I keep getting this msg 

Error: Failed to connect to Zoom services
Please refresh the app and try again. Logging out of all streaming platforms and adding these channels again may solve the error. If the error persists, contact Zoom support.

@CarlaA are you guys doing anything to resolve this issue????

are you listening to your PAYING customers whose businesses rely on livestream functionality to provide paid services to clients??

why is it I have to go blast you on X to get any response???

this is absolutely unacceptable behavior and customer care for a brand of this size that supports such a large number of small business to completely ignore requests for indie and communications because we don’t have accounts big enough for support. 

@Carla, this issue PERSISTS. NO resolution.

A lot of us depend on zoom to livestream into groups. If I have to pay for another platform I am GONE. It has been almost a MONTH. No follow ups. 

Not one ounce of concern from ZOOM over this issue.  PLEASE when will this be resolved?

CarlaA

Hi @pchiass

Apologies for the delay in response. One of our community champions has created a video displaying how to live stream to a facebook group here: https://vimeo.com/938818658/c3b7ebce44?share=copy,. Can you please try that out and let me know how it goes? 

Livestreaming to Facebook GROUPS now requires Custom RTMP

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

pchiass
Explorer
Explorer

@CarlaA now when I add the channels I get a message in all red letters

that it cannot connect to zoom. I have a big masterclass tomorrow that is a revenue generating event. I need assistance to get this corrected. I have refreshed the app, logged out and in. What is going on?  I've never had issues like this AND especially a lack of communication from the SaaS developer. 

CarlaA

Hi @pchiass @StephPaz

Thank you for providing further details on the current error you are experiencing. Our team is currently investigating the issue.

In the meantime, when attempting to go live, please do not adjust the resolution parameter from the default 720p to 1080p. Let me know if that workaround works for now.

Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

It gives that red "failed to connect" no matter 720 or 1080.  It also happens with the 32 bit and 64 bit app.   Looks like you got rid of the bad gateway, but now we get this new message.

wellversedworld
Explorer
Explorer

What is being done about this issue?  This app has been down for weeks.  We depend on this heavily..  Can someone from Zoom please update us?

The only way I have been able to get around this at this time is to go into zoom and choose from the "more menu" choose "livestream" and then "Live on custom streaming service" which then opens up my browser. It will often fail, but then I can click the hyperlink to set up the custom stream. I then enter in all of the information and it works. 

This is not convenient at all, but it will work - I did it last week and will do it tonight into my facebook group.

They (FB) have deprecated the ability to livestream into groups since April. 

how are you getting custom live stream to get you into a group?

The very first reply I got here was when I blasted zoom on X. 

they’ve pretty much ignored us since the first fix. 

headed back over to X. 

That has always worked..  But that will only send to a single stream.. That's why we used the streaming app since it supported 3..

Yes - extremely unfortunate but now in addition to PAYING FOR ZOOM I have to pay basic tier for streamyard so I can stream into up to  3 groups (I did that last week). This is so incredibly disappointing.

I just tried it. It said I was live on my zoom but not live on the Facebook group 😔

Yep. I’m headed over to X. Their first ‘fix’ came after I dropped a bunch of tweets. 

To dismiss an entire class of paying customers just because they do not pay for premium support is unacceptable. 

How are you streaming to X?  I thought they required a fairly high paid tier to stream..

Not streaming to X. Tagging zoom in my posts. 

Anna_b1
Newcomer
Newcomer

So I thought this error had been fixed as my fb community toggle reappeared after I clicked on live stream. I re arranged my live told everyone it was fixed and guess what? It was not and so I let down my community again. This really is unacceptable. I really love zoom, but you can’t ignore the issue we are having. Some of us rely on Zoom for our business to make money and take care of our families. Please just address the issue and keep us updated. If you don’t think it will be fixed for another week tell us. We are all just waiting. Please make fixing this a priority 🙏🏻

Yes I am still having the same issue even when I try in a different browser - the livestream app STILL does not work!  Zoom needs to fix it NOW or lose all customers

wellversedworld
Explorer
Explorer

I have been working with Zoom support for many months. They recently gave me a process that has resolved the issue for me.    Using the Stream App, create a non-custom channel.  Doesn't matter which one.   This from their engineering team:

"I have a theory as to why it’s happening. Can you have them log into Youtube, facebook, or twitch one time. They dont have to go live using one of those channels. Just complete sign in. It might be an issue where a zoom Access Token is missing.  If that fixes it, that’s a good sign because I have a fix planned for that bug. "

This finally worked for me. @CarlaA  Can you all please send an email to people with this fix?

@Tka This is a temporary fix that works ^^^^. Of course, still no communication from zoom.  This doesn't even come from zoom, but another zoom user. 

StephPaz
Newcomer
Newcomer

This explains why it worked for me before the whole issue started, but I had deleted the app and reinstalled. Previously I was connected to YouTube, but didn't reinstate that when I deleted and reinstalled. This is helpful. I just reconnected youtube and now it works again. NOW I better understand why this wasn't working for the others who I helped set it up for. Thank you.

AND TERRIBLE BUG.

Zubairk
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi everyone,

I've been using the Livestream app for several weeks without any issues, but yesterday and today, I haven't been able to get it to open. I keep getting a '502 Bad Gateway' error. I'm using a 64-bit Windows business PC with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB hard drive. My internet is hardwired, and I've already rebooted the connection.

So far, I've tried rebooting my computer, updating the Zoom app, and even uninstalling and reinstalling it after a reboot, but the problem persists.

I'm preparing for a two-tiered masterclass, where one tier is livestream-only, and the other is a paid VIP session in the Zoom room. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Penny

wellversedworld
Explorer
Explorer

Since it is a rarity that Zoom actually responds on this thread, I would recommend a complete client uninstall and then reinstall the 32 bit client here:

https://zoom.us/download?os=win

Then add the streaming app and add a channel that is not custom and complete that login process to re-establish the tokens and then try a custom channel.  Since doing this. The app continues to function and I was able to stream 3 custom channels last night.