cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transcribe a pre-existing recorded zoom meeting?

shcmnguyen
Listener

Hi everybody,

I have an educational account and recorded my first Zoom meeting yesterday.  I mistakenly thought that be recording it to the cloud it would also automatically transcribe the meeting.  As it turns out, that's not the case for my account anyways.  I've turned on audio transcription now.  However, I can't seem to find a way to transcribe my 1st recording.

1. Is it possible to have Zoom transcribe a recorded Zoom meeting?

2.  If so, how do I do it?

Due to the nature of the meeting, I don't want to arbitrarily upload the video to an outside vendor for transcription. (ie Grain).  

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @shcmnguyen, unfortunately, if that setting was enabled after you recorded, you aren't able to receive that transcription. 😕

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Has this changed? I just recorded a focus group to my laptop, not realizing you only get transcriptions from meetings recorded to the Cloud. Likewise, this was for a research study, and ethics boards are very sensitive about keeping data local. Help!

I have a very similar issue with a research study. I read in another thread that you can do it using this zoom extension: https://marketplace.zoom.us/apps/MmQJIMXUTYiCdPX5anvKVw.

I have to look further into how it works though