cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to receive an AI Companion meeting summary?

Bernie3
Listener

Meeting Summary was turned on automatically for my meeting.  Recording was turned on manually a few minutes after the meeting started.  I've received an email telling me how to access the video, audio and chat for the meeting.  AI Companion "catch up" did work during the meeting.  It is now more than an hour since the meeting ended.  I see where to access the summary, https://us02web.zoom.us/user/meeting/summary#/list, but it is grayed out.   Is a delay in generating the summary normal?  Should I expect it to show up eventually?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernie3
Listener

The summary arrived via email almost three hours after the meeting ended.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

makegames
Listener

Came to the Community to investigate the same issue. I enabled a Summary of a meeting that completed over 3 hours ago. I have received an email with usual link to recording, transcript, highlights. But the meeting is greyed out on my Summary list page as well. 

I see that same issue submitted by a different user a few days ago, commented on just today. Perhaps this is a recent bug? I am going to check in with other team members who have tried to utilize Summary feature today. 
Meeting Summary with AI Companion - Not Rendering 

pmoriart
Listener

same same

Kgomez14
Listener

Experiencing the same issue. 

Bernie3
Listener

The summary arrived via email almost three hours after the meeting ended.

makegames
Listener

Similar wait time for me as @Bernie3. It doesn't make the feature unusable by any means, but it does mean it may not be useful for situations where you need a summary fast. 

dave-lw
Listener

It is unfortunate that the call summary takes so long to generate and send out via email.  This really hurts the use case for Technical Support teams who owe a client-facing summary of the call after it concludes.

I am curious why it takes so long?  If you share a call transcript with a tool like ChatGPT, it will give you the outcome near instantaneously.  What is preventing Zoom from generating and sending the call summary within a minute or less of the call ending?

Landid
Listener

Just encountered the same issue and support told me that the fix for this feature/issue is scheduled for March 16th 2024, it's currently 2/21/24 for context. About 2 hours after my meeting took place I noticed the summary became interactive and clickable, so it seems it's just a slowness/delay issue and you may eventually get your summary after a few hours.

ZahraaF
Listener

We've been using it for a while and it always shows up, the time it takes to show up differs though. I've noticed that the more complex the meeting is (i.e. longer meetings, more participants), the longer it takes to be generated. The longest I've waited for a one hour meeting summary to be generated, was about 3 hours.