cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove hyperlink from plain text

ECollins
Listener

Is there a way to remove the addition of a hyperlink to numbers that are just plain text? Zoom interprets all series of numbers as a phone number, regardless of their length or formatting. For example, a FedEx tracking number is 12 digits but it will add a hyperlink to the first 9 characters but not the last 3, regardless of whether the numbers are stuck together or separated with spaces or dashes. 

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

It might help if you gave specific locations of where this occurs.  I've never seen this as a function of Zoom, but I know my iPhone looks at any 10-11 digit number as a phone number.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

How would I show that?

This is in the Team Chat section so I figured it was clear it happens in a chat. I also tried several times to either put examples inside this post or attach a screen capture of the effect and it was rejected by this forum because it was perceived as an account number, even when I used X’s in place of several numbers. 

Ray_Harwood

Thanks for the clarification, @ECollins.  So you’re talking about regular text in Team Chat. I’ll do some tests and get back to you. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

I appreciate your help!