Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Zoom Room Passcode

GabrielaSL
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hello everyone!

I am having a problem with the option "Lock Settings" on a Zoom Room. I need to disable the passcode to access System Settings, Reboot and Sign Out options. I already disabled the "Lock Settings" option, but when the system is restarted, the option enables itself back again. Is there a way to completely disable the necessity to use the Room Passcode to access these options?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

Got it - we've got a ton of these as well (and won't be buying any more, but that's a different thread).

Please be sure to submit a formal request to Zoom Support to get this on the ZR Appliances development roadmap - absolutely no reason why the Android Zoom Rooms releases shouldn't have parity with Win/Mac.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

bstrelko

While a passcode is required and cannot be fully disabled, you may some use in disabling the "Require Room Passcode to Exit" setting (found in the Zoom Room's 'Basic' settings section):

bstrelko_0-1709045142647.png

GabrielaSL
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi! Thanks for the tip, but I already have this option turned off, but the equipment isn't Windows based, it is Android based, an Polycom X30 with a TC8. So I believe this option doesn't help much. But I appreciate the clarification!

bstrelko

Got it - we've got a ton of these as well (and won't be buying any more, but that's a different thread).

Please be sure to submit a formal request to Zoom Support to get this on the ZR Appliances development roadmap - absolutely no reason why the Android Zoom Rooms releases shouldn't have parity with Win/Mac.