cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsupported analog adapters?

BrandonS
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

I am a reseller/installer and need to get an analog fax working, but the only supported adapters from Audiocodes and Poly are not possible to obtain currently due to supply chain issues..

I have searched, but not found info on trying to get unsupported SIP devices working.  Is it possible at all or if not on the official supported list, no chance?  I want to try a Grandstream HT801 that I was able to get.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360001299063-Zoom-Phone-Certified-Hardware#h_01FGMSZR5KEY4...

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Arps
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi Brandon!

Please reach out to the customer's Zoom account team.  There is a way to enable provisioning of generic sip endpoints, but the customer must work with the account team to have this enabled.  Due to support issues, it's not enabled by default on phone accounts.

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Rick

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Arps

Hi Brandon!

Please reach out to the customer's Zoom account team.  There is a way to enable provisioning of generic sip endpoints, but the customer must work with the account team to have this enabled.  Due to support issues, it's not enabled by default on phone accounts.

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Rick

BrandonS

Thanks for the reply.  I am chatting up support about that right now.

stevenriz
Listener

HI THERE!

How did this go? Did you get the Grandstream working?

BrandonS

Yes.  Just replied to your other post before seeing this.  The downside was it took a couple weeks of back and forth with support to enable generic SIP devices.  Maybe now they can approve for you faster.   Hit me up and I can look for my case number to reference if you go this route.  Good luck.

stevenriz
Listener

Hey Brandon. Wondering if you have your provisioning config handy for the Grandstream device? I am stuck on what to put where in the Grandstream  configuration page. thx!

BrandonS

Hmm.  I did keep these notes, but don't have remote access to the device now.  I had to enable TLS and maybe download some certificates and upload them to the GS?

(sanitized some info)

Provisioning

MAC Address

c0-74-ad-AB-CD-EF

Device Type

Other

You will need to enable TLS1.2 for SIP registration and enable SRTP for secure calling on your IP phone. Please refer to your manufacturer's instructions for these processes.

You'll need following information for manual provisioning.

SIP Account 1:

1. SIP Domain: 501123123.zoom.us

2. Outbound Proxy: us01sip20h.ny.zoom.us:5091

3. User Name: 79700123123123246

4. Authorization ID: 3241231231232

5. Password: haassddffi

Please download DigiCert Global Root CADigiCert Global Root G2DigiCert Global Root G3 and import to your IP phone if they are not in the trust list of the device.

Note: Please note that Zoom support team will not be able to troubleshoot or configure IP phones that are provisioned in this manner. Some Zoom Phone features may not work on manually provisioned phones. It may vary depending on your desk phone model.

stevenriz
Listener

Thanks, Zoom sent me similar provisioning instructions. I think I put everything in the right spot. I am unsure as to where to upload the 3 certs. I did a copy/paste the first 2 certs into 2 CA sections in the Advanced tab but they won't save. May reach out to Grandstream to see if they are helpful as well. 

BrandonS

I must of been fairly lucky and sorry I don’t recall the exact settings, I should have saved at least for my self  for next time.. when you get it sorted if you remember to share I’ll appreciate it. Good luck. 

Were you able to determine where to place DigiCert Global Root CADigiCert Global Root G2DigiCert Global Root G3?

Edit:  Once pasted and rebooted, it will be removed but it still uses it.  These are the settings that I used for anyone that need them. 

Grandstream HT801

Zoom SettingsGrandstream Settings
SIP DomainFXS>Primary SIP Server
Outbound ProxyFXS>Outbound Proxy
UserNameFXS>SIP User ID
Authorization IDFXS>Authenticate ID
PasswordFXS>Authenticate Password
 FXS>SIP Transport>TLS
Open DigiCert Root CA in a text editor and CopyADVANCED SETTINGS>Trusted CA Certificate A:>PasteDigiCert Root CA
Open DigiCert Global Root G2 in a text editor and CopyADVANCED SETTINGS>Trusted CA Certificate B:>PasteDigiCert Root G2
 UPDATE and REBOOT
 *Will need to verify port UDP 5091 outbound is open from the device.

uitadmin
Listener

Hi, we have the same device.  i think i know how to solve it based on here and support documents.  the one thing i cant find is the sip/server proxy address/outbound proxy.

i have a zoom room connector license and setup the room. documentation says it should like the outbound/sip proxy address but it only provides username and passwrd

Eliot

Provisioning is zero touch provisioning (ztp).

To provision a Grandstream HT801 ATA, you need to:

1.  Update the device certificate

Grandstream_Device_Certificate_Update_Guide.pdf

2.  Upgrade the firmware

Firmware Upgrade Guide - Documentation Center (grandstream.com)

3.  Provision the HT801 by assigning it to a user.

Screen shot before provisioning

Eliot_0-1686921870655.png

To provision, add device and assign to user, click Save.  Provisioning is automatic (ztp).

Eliot_1-1686921870664.png

Eliot_2-1686921870671.png

Eliot_3-1686921870678.png

Eliot_4-1686921870684.png

thanks,  eliot

HT801 - Quick Installation Guide - Documentation Center (grandstream.com)

HT80x - Administration Guide - Documentation Center (grandstream.com)

Firmware Upgrade Guide - Documentation Center (grandstream.com)

HT801 - Quick User Guide - Documentation Center (grandstream.com)

Hi Eliot 

Thanks for this helpful guide. 
This helped me guide through the process of auto provisioning a Grandstream HT802 ATA device.
All is working well and I can make and receive calls.
But the device now has an admin password of which I don't know. Do you know if that is a zoom restriction or something that maybe set on our org level? 
No template was used to deploy this HT802 ATA device. 
Even now I factory reset it and I can get back in via admin/admin but as soon as it gets on the internet and connects to Zoom servers and pulls the config I get locked out again 

It might be managed in the Zoom Console:

Phone System Management>Company Info>Account Settings (link above "add site")>Desk Phone>Admin Password>Show or Edit

Eliot

hi smhick,

There are two places to look.  To simplify desk phone (and ata) admin password settings, I set the admin password at company level but you can also set admin password (PIN code) at phone user level.

Admin->phone system management->users & rooms->desk phone PIN code

Eliot_2-1694617688878.png

Admin->phone system management->company information->account settings->desk phone->general settings->admin password

Eliot_3-1694617753979.png

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot