cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom does not connect to internet in Mac

Poonam
Listener

I have  installed zoom app in Mac but it seems not let me login using my id. Every time it says that unable to connect to internet. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

yuan-stanley
Participant

If you have a Mac - I had this issue for ages and was unable to resolve it. I finally did a little more looking, and found this StackExchange post that suggested uninstalling Zoom by using their uninstall file instead of putting the Application in the trash.

https://superuser.com/questions/1671647/zoom-on-macos-catalina-hangs-on-connecting-gets-error-unable...

I did this by going to Applications -> right clicking on zoom.us -> Show package contents -> open Contents -> open Frameworks -> use the ZoomUninstaller file.

After this, I reinstalled and it successfully worked.

FYI @Poonam @SBZ @Gunni @earthclod in case any of you are still hitting this issue.

View solution in original post

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone!

On behalf of the Zoom Community team, we wanted to thank you all for the helpful contributions made on this topic.

Because of the insightful feedback shared here on this community post, we created a new support article outlining how to troubleshoot the Zoom error on macOS: You cannot connect to Zoom.

We encourage you to visit and review this article to help you troubleshoot: Zoom error on macOS: You are unable to connect to Zoom.

Thank you!

Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40

Nafi
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi Poonam, 

Maybe u need to check your internet connection first, you always can test zoom meeting apps using this links : https://zoom.us/test

Hope it helps.

I am Zoom Enthusiast (Part of PT. Kayreach System, Indonesia Authorized Reseller, Certified Zoom Room, Zoom Phone, and Pro AV Integrator)

I have a very healthy internet ( I am able to post the queries). Is there any settings that should be enabled?

Nafi

If your app stays in a "connecting" mode or has timed out due to "Network error, please try again" or "Can't connect to our service, please check your network connection and try again" issues, it could be related to your network connection, network firewall settings, or web security gateway settings.

Note: Check your network connection by opening a browser and ensure that you can access https://zoom.us

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362683-Network-firewall-or-proxy-server-settings-for-Zo...

Hope it helps! please like and mark this as solution so whenever someone has the same question this content will help.

I am Zoom Enthusiast (Part of PT. Kayreach System, Indonesia Authorized Reseller, Certified Zoom Room, Zoom Phone, and Pro AV Integrator)

Gunni
Listener

Same issue here.

I'm on a Mac (Big Sur v11.5.1) and using the zoom client (v 5.7.5 (1123)).

Here are the things I've tried:

• I've uninstalled and reinstalled zoom
  • I've rebooted between all tests
  • Turned off the local firewall
  • Tried being connected to a VPN
  • I'm on the same wifi as many others and none of them have this issue
  • I can join meetings by going to the zoom.us website
  • Install for all users and only for me

I had the exact issue. I originally installed it on my mac for one user (administrator), but zoom would not let me login (network error b.s., my internet was fine). Then I uninstalled and selected install for all users. Now I can login with no network error. Maybe give that a try.

Still doesn't work 😞

SBZ
Listener

Hi Poonam - I'm facing the same problem and tried all things that you mentioned, still unable to connect. Let me know if you were able to find a solution. Thanks

yuan-stanley
Participant

If you have a Mac - I had this issue for ages and was unable to resolve it. I finally did a little more looking, and found this StackExchange post that suggested uninstalling Zoom by using their uninstall file instead of putting the Application in the trash.

https://superuser.com/questions/1671647/zoom-on-macos-catalina-hangs-on-connecting-gets-error-unable...

I did this by going to Applications -> right clicking on zoom.us -> Show package contents -> open Contents -> open Frameworks -> use the ZoomUninstaller file.

After this, I reinstalled and it successfully worked.

FYI @Poonam @SBZ @Gunni @earthclod in case any of you are still hitting this issue.

This solved the issue for me!! Thanks

Thanks!! I had the same problem and this also solved the issue for me.

This is the only solution that worked, thanks

Ahhh it saved my life! I have been trying several things since last 2 weeks depending on suggestions in other forum and luckily found your comment here and it worked perfectly. Thanks a lot for sharing your experience 🙂

YES!!!!  Thank you!  Why don't the Zoom people know this??

Thank you!!!!! I’ve had this issue for months and it finally worked.

This problem has been bugging me for a long time. Finally be able to solve it, thank you so much.

SAVIOR!!!!

Thy Kingdom come! That helped (I did this by going to Applications -> right clicking on zoom.us -> Show package contents -> open Contents -> open Frameworks -> use the ZoomUninstaller file.) I have done 2 days almost everything that I can imgine, but finally I foud this advice. Humble thanks!!! 

This totally worked for me. Was experiencing the exact same issue as originally posted. Thanks for the solution.

I had visited several threads before landing on this one and tried numerous troubleshooting tips along the way. Uninstalling using the ZoomUninstaller file is the only thing that worked. Upon reinstalling all is good. Super annoying glitch but thanks so much for sharing your experience for the rest of us! 

Thanks so much, using the uninstall file instead of putting the Application in the trash worked. Had this issue for some time and no one was able to diagnose. Problem solved...Thanks!

Thank you so much this solved my issue instantly after a week of struggling!

I tried this several times and it still isn't working for me.  Uninstalled exactly as outlined in the instructions, restarted, downloaded again, and nothing.  My internet is working fine, and I don't have any firewalls put up.  This is so frustrating.  It was working just fine for weeks prior to this.

Hey, i tried and did al the things as well and still no luck.. have you had any luck ?

This is the way... I spent an entire morning with our admin working on this, and this was the solution we needed. Thanks!

thank you for this instruction: 

This did the trick!

I spent hours researching/trying to resolve this issue... and this finally did it. THANK YOU!!!

Thank you!!! I had the problem for months. No proxy, dns,... solution helped. This was to easy. 

That did the trick, something so simple.  Thanks for that

I have been with out my Mac Mini for about 6 months because of this. Tried everything I found (firewall etc). My MacBook Pro is not having any of this and being crazy busy, I just gave up and used it since I think 04-2022.

NOW, found and tried … and THIS WORKED!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Two big screens again 

TinahRN_0-1668920561935.png

-BeatriceBC-
Listener

I had the same problem for a week, and the only thing that worked was to uninstall the application with the ZoomUninstaller file ! Thank you so much ! 

ThivishanR
Listener

Uninstall the zoom app 

Again Download the updates zoom App

Link- https://zoom.us/download

Thivishan

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone!

On behalf of the Zoom Community team, we wanted to thank you all for the helpful contributions made on this topic.

Because of the insightful feedback shared here on this community post, we created a new support article outlining how to troubleshoot the Zoom error on macOS: You cannot connect to Zoom.

We encourage you to visit and review this article to help you troubleshoot: Zoom error on macOS: You are unable to connect to Zoom.

Thank you!

Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Hi there - I've tried this solution repeatedly with no success. Tried uninstalling from package contents as described, rebooting, clearing DNS cache, restarting internet connection, then reinstalling, and I'm still getting the same message. Any additional solution would be welcome!

Hi @Crandall , I just had this happen to me as well and this is how I solved it. Please keep in mind that rebooting your device is essential in this process.

Uninstall the zoom desktop application:

1. Open the Zoom desktop application.
  2. Select zoom.us at the top of your screen and select Uninstall Zoom.
  3. Select OK to confirm uninstalling the Zoom desktop application and all of its components.
  4. Once done, kindly restart your mac.

After doing so we will need to re-install the zoom application.
1. Navigate to Zoom’s Download Center and select Download for Zoom Desktop Client.
2 .Run the downloaded installer file and follow the instructions to install.
3. Retest and observe if the pop-up message will no longer appear. 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Hi @CarlaA Sorry I've been away from my computer since your reply. Just got back, and tried the uninstall from within the app as you described, and then restarted. I still have the same issue after reinstalling Zoom, and trying to sign on with SSO from my university.

...And now it is suddenly working again. Not sure why.

I am so sorry for the delay in response, but very happy to hear it is working for you now. Let me know if there is anything I can assist with moving forward!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Hi @CarlaA -  I rebooted my computer a little while ago in the normal course of things and Zoom has mysteriously stopped working again. I have again tried your suggestion of uninstalling within the app, rebooting and reinstalling, but it still doesn't work.

TinahRN
Listener
I ended up clearing my cache... it has somethung  in there that caused it not to use the update.. I think. I have to use chrome because of where I work. But safari didn't work either . So I cleared both cache and it has been functioning properly