cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two meetings at the same time

tschultz89
Listener

Does Zoom allow you to have two meetings scheduled at the same time  initiated from the same account?   IE two 50 person meetings at 6pm?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dan_ZoomSE
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Licensed users on Enterprise, Business, and Education accounts can host up to 2 meetings at the same time. Both meetings need to be started by the original meeting host or by an alternative host. The host can leave the meeting and pass host privileges to another user if needed.

Notes:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206122046-Can-I-host-concurrent-meetings-

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Bort

Hi @tschultz89 , 

It is possible, but it depends on your account type. You can find out more about hosting concurrent meetings

Dan_ZoomSE

Licensed users on Enterprise, Business, and Education accounts can host up to 2 meetings at the same time. Both meetings need to be started by the original meeting host or by an alternative host. The host can leave the meeting and pass host privileges to another user if needed.

Notes:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206122046-Can-I-host-concurrent-meetings-

Hi i would love to join you please can i join

Please can i join it would be a good time with me i will not be silly i need a friend😁

Thanks Dan.

If a licensed user scheduled 3 meetings at the same time by mistake, does it mean the host/the alternative host can't start the 3rd meeting? Thanks.

Our tests have not shown a limit to the number of meetings that can be in one user account as long as there are different folk to host them. For instance, we have successfully run and recorded to cloud 5 concurrent meetings each with a different alternative host on one user account.

Edit 5/25/22:

Since this time, I've encountered the same limit as others. We have not made any changes to the account that should have caused this. I think zoom is "correcting" things.

Dan_ZoomSE

Hello @Clifferton ,

Concurrent means the same user hosting more than one meeting at the same time.  Every user on your account can host their own meeting at the same time, but none of them can have two or more active meetings assigned to the same user at the same time unless they have the add-on license for concurrent meetings.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

Thanks Dan, but I didn't have a question. I was responding to someone else.

Hi Dan, how can I get the add-on license?

Thanks

Hi Dan,

all our staff have zoom accounts.  Our admin staff schedule a lot of meetings  for groups and on behalf of execs and are running into the  2 meeting limitation.  I know there is the concept of scheduling on behalf of others which can get difficult to keep track of, but is there anyway or any special setup that can be done to all admin staff to host/own more that just two meetings?

I just ran into this issue today; I'm an exec assistant that manages multiple calendars.  I have the "admin" zoom account for our company (from what I understand).  I schedule Zoom meetings on behalf of the execs (from their calendar), many at the same time.   An attendee received an error today when trying to log in stating "the host has another meeting in progress".  This is going to be a huge issue for me if I'm only allowed to schedule 2 meetings per time slot...

Dan_ZoomSE

Make sure you have been configured with scheduling privileges in Zoom (not just your calendar).  This way when you schedule a meeting for other users you are scheduling the proper user as the host and not booking multiple meetings against your user account at the same time.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362803-Scheduling-privilege

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

Yes, Like @Dan_ZoomSE  said. As an administrator, you should be able to access a user's account and schedule in their profile. This will reduce the number of times you have problems with the 2 meetings thing.

I've also got 4 non-user zoom service accounts. Imaginiatively called ***********, zoom2@... etc. that I use when I need to make events that shouldn't belong to another person. This 2 meeting limit is certainly a pain though. It should be removed for Admins. It would certainly make our lives easier. 

Llederer
Listener

Does anyone have any guidelines for joining 2 Zoom meetings? Like turning off a camera if you need to come off mute and speak in the other meeting?

I've seen some folk be able to show their camera feed and microphone to more than one meeting. That is not my experience. I've noticed if I want to talk or be seen in one meeting, I need to turn my camera and mic off in the other meeting first.

bprentice71
Listener

how do you get the timer off the meet 

You must have a paid zoom account.