cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 14 camera auto zooming out during live meeting

eschader
Listener

For the past four meetings, my iPhone 14 camera has been auto zooming out anytime I move.  I have tried zooming in again but then it zooms out again.

I've been emailing support back and forth and they told me to delete the app and reinstall.  Didn't help.

They asked me to set the iPhone 14 camera on auto-lock.  Didn't help.

They asked me to turn on "gestures" under meeting settings.  I don't have that feature under my meeting settings.

I turned off "Follow Focus" under Zoom, Accessibility in my phone settings.  Didn't help.

Is anyone else having this issue???   Has anyone solved this problem?  Is it an iPhone issue or a Zoom app issue??

8 REPLIES 8

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Apple has a feature called  Center Stage that  tracks you and keeps you in the shot during a video call. You can turn it off if you don't like it.

on an iPhone I think this is part of a feature called  Continuity Camera:

Continuity Camera unlocks new capabilities like Desk View, which allows you to share a top-down view of your workspace, and Studio Light, which artfully lights your face while dimming the background. And Center Stage makes sure you stay in the picture if you move around during your call.”

https://www.apple.com/macos/continuity/ 

https://www.macobserver.com/tips/how-to/disable-continuity-camera-iphone/ 

On the iPhone, go to Settings->General->AirPlay & Handoff and toggle the Continuity Camera off.

IMG_8028.jpeg

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

eschader
Listener

Sorry, but it did not work.  It still zooms out when there is movement on the screen.

ReelGal
Listener

Did you ever get an answer to this? I’m having the same problem!

eschader
Listener

Nope.  I'm thinking about dropping zoom.

ReelGal
Listener

So annoying.

I have my iPhone dialed in as a participant in the zoom meeting and am zoomed in close on a small object I am showing during my meeting that is just in front of me. I have then used my iMac to dial into the meeting so people can see me as a participant. Whenever I move behind the small object, my iPhone auto zooms out and no one can see the small object anymore. 

My previous iPhone 12 didn't have this "feature" and I cannot seem to disable it. Grr.

I've tried almost everything to get my iPhone 14 pro to lock zoom and can't.

Mine has started to do this its super annoying, looks funny though with my cloud background, i appear to be floating around the clouds. There is nothing in the zoom app to stop the zooming in and out then? This an "Apple" fault? Zoom is below Apple in the tech food chain

eschader
Listener

I got an iPhone 15 and it doesn't have the zooming problem anymore.

test8j
Listener

rere