cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use 2 cameras at the same time

Nadezhda
Listener

Some time we need to demonstrate something with additional camera. Also I want to see a speaker at the same time. How we can do it? 

5 REPLIES 5

ChrisO
Note Taker

There are two things you need to do for this to work. First in your app settings under Share Screen, enable Side by Side mode. Then once in your meeting click on the Share Screen arrow. In the share screen menu, select Advanced at the top and then select content from the second camera. This will show the second camera as the main content and allow the speaker to be seen in a smaller window.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

Super! Thank you very much.

Jorc79
Listener

When I try to use my IdeaPad S340 and Samsung A02S at the same time I get feedback and an echo. Plus the video on the laptop flickers. Do the two devices have to be a certain distance from each other?

katieotarot
Listener

I FINALLY figured this out.  I do online tarot card readings for people and I use 2 cameras: one for me and one to show the cards. Whenever I switched to the second camera to show the cards, my own image disappeared. I wanted to keep it small in the corner so as I explained things, I wasn't a disembodied voice. After so much troubleshooting,  I finally got it so I remain in the corner and they can see me talking.  How? 

1. You need to set up a second camera facing whatever you want it to show (I put my phone in a holder that clamps onto the desk). 

2. Click on 'share screen' along the bottom. It will show any open tabs for sharing.

3. Click on ADVANCED along the top

4. Look for 'Content from second camera' option.  Click on that, et voilà!

The view from the 2nd camera is shown as the main screen and you are in a box at the top. 

*Note: I'm using a MacBook and iPhone so the 2 cameras automatically pair. I'm not sure if using an Android and another laptop would require an extra step to set up the phone, or an external webcam, as the 2nd camera. You may need to bluetooth connect them or use an aux cord.  Bonne chance!

Thanks, I have an android phone and had that pointing down onto a whiteboard flat on my desk so I need to look into that connecting. I tried this out once by sending myself an invite and then opening it using my laptop (for my face). It worked well enough but I need to try it out some more, having a the smaller box you describe would be better for me so long as I can pull that up to split screen every now and then.