cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

audio crackling when other participant shares screen

lindmye
Listener

When someone else in a meeting shares their screen, my speaker audio starts crackling/popping. I have no other audio issues in meetings.

Device specs (ROG Zephyrus G15):

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon Graphics 3.30 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.2 GB usable)
Device ID EE1D4B42-2A69-4886-B28F-49BB0318354A
Product ID 00342-20867-63973-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows specs:

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎6/‎27/‎2023
OS build 22621.1992
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22644.1000.0

Zoom version: 5.15.5

All drivers are up to date. I was previously having a lot of issues with Windows on my computer (and audio crackling on Zoom all the time, no matter what) so I reset the laptop to factory settings only a month ago. Since then, Zoom is working better, however, the audio crackles/pops when someone in the meeting shares a screen (I'm not sure if it happens if I share my own screen-- I don't think I have done that yet.) It's unbearable.

3 REPLIES 3

Jameswalter
Participant

Audio crackling during a Zoom meeting when another participant shares their screen can be caused by various factors, including network issues, device compatibility, or insufficient system resources. Here are some troubleshooting steps to help you address the problem:

Check Internet Connection:

A poor internet connection can lead to audio issues during screen sharing. Ask other participants to check their internet speed and stability. If possible, use a wired internet connection instead of Wi-Fi for a more stable connection.

Close Unnecessary Applications:

Running multiple applications simultaneously, especially resource-intensive ones, can strain your computer's performance and cause audio crackling. Close any unnecessary applications to free up system resources.

Update Zoom and Audio Drivers:

Ensure that you and the other participants have the latest version of Zoom installed. Outdated software can lead to compatibility issues.
Update your audio drivers to the latest version. Visit the manufacturer's website to download and install the appropriate drivers for your audio device.

Mute Microphones:

Ask all participants to mute their microphones when someone is sharing their screen. Background noise or overlapping audio streams could cause crackling sounds.

lindmye
Listener

I've tried all of these things. All my drivers are updated, zoom is updated, my wifi is excellent (and this issue occurs in every location I've used zoom). It only occurs on the device mentioned above and not on MacBook (which is old and I'd rather not use). I usually am only running zoom and one chrome window, so unnecessary applications are all closed. Typically, the only participant with a mic on is the speaker who is sharing the screen. It even happens when the speaker who's sharing their screen is muted but another participant is speaking.

Hey there, im encountering the same problem as you have , when im on the platform everything is fine but when someone share screens, then it begins a crackling sound everytime someone is speaking. I wanted to ask if you found any solutions to the problem. And if u have please let me know.