cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom won't install on MacBook Pro Ventura 13.3.1 Intel processor

tk1908
Listener

Hi, when I updated to Ventura 13.3.1, the Zoom desktop client started giving me "can't update" messages.  So I uninstalled and downloaded the package for Intel and now I can't install any version of the the Zoom desktop client with no error code, just a recommendation to contact the developer.  Which I can't do because I don't pay for Zoom.  I've given Zoom full disk access and it still doesn't install.  

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @tk1908 lets try to uninstall once more and do the following steps 1-3: 

1. To fully Uninstall Zoom on macOS on version 4.4.53932.0709 and above

• Open the Zoom desktop application.
    • Select zoom.us  at the top of your screen and select Uninstall Zoom.
    • Select OK to confirm uninstalling the Zoom desktop application and all of its components.
    • Once completed, you can reinstall Zoom on our download center

RN_4-1683745470924.png

Go to and run the /System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app

RN_5-1683745470924.png

Use /System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app to open any pkg file stored in the Download folder to add the installer into the privacy settings.

RN_6-1683745470927.png

3. After enabling these options please retest installing the zoom desktop client app again. If issue persist, try install the IT Admin version.

RN_7-1683745470928.png

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Okay, I sure wish I could undertake your steps here, but I already used App Cleaner to uninstall Zoom.  There is no desktop application to uninstall anymore:(

Also, when I use the Installer.app to launch the Mac Intel Zoom download package, I get the exact same error as above.  

I downloaded the IT Admin package and used the Installer.app to attempt to install that, but again, same error message:  

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @tk1908 so if I am understanding correctly, you used third-party software to uninstall Zoom after you've received an installation failed "prompt"? Were you able to uninstall Zoom successfully? Thinking if you were unable to even install Zoom, you wouldn't be able to uninstall Zoom from the top Mac utility bar, correct? 

Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 9.28.44 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 9.28.35 AM.png

Another question I have, you said your Mac has an Intel processor. When you go to https://zoom.us/download which download are you using to download the Zoom client? 

Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 9.25.37 AM.png

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!