cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom, when i start a meeting, zoom does 4 disconnections until become stable om meeting

Pett
Listener

Hey folks, when I use zoom an admin to a meeting, when both of sidea we are connected in the meeting, Software zoom is being disconnected and then rejoin me automatically. 

This happens about 4-5 times until the meeting become stable and I we have no longer disconnections.

Any idea? No ram issues, or video 

10 REPLIES 10

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Pett welcome to the community! I would first recommend trying to utilizing the Zoom Network Connectivity Tool.

Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 3.02.24 PM.png

First suggesting to smart test your network and ensure that a MTR Status can complete and there are no issues with your service status', this will tell you that you're able to connect to Zoom services:

• Network Information: basic network connectivity
  • MTR: trace the connection between the device and Zoom servers
  • Service Status: provide connectivity status and details for connections to Zoom Meetings and Team Chat services

Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 3.12.28 PM.png

Secondly, you can attempt to do a Meeting test - suggested to invite participants and look over the statistics to determine any high latency, high packet loss, or jitter. 

Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 3.07.19 PM.png

These tools can determine whether the problem is on your end or Zoom's, and how you should be connected to Zoom for the best experience.

Otherwise, I'd check your hardware by Testing audio before Zoom Meetings and/or Testing your video

Curious your findings! 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

So, how do you get to this Network Accessibility Tool on Chromebook which doesn't support windows & is not a Mac?? 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Suzygib unfortunately, the Zoom Network Connectivity Tool is only available for macOS and Windows. 

Do you mind me asking, how you are using Zoom on ChromeOS? For the best experience with ChromeOS I would look into Using Zoom for Chrome PWA

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Support for ChromeOS apps were phased out across all operating systems by November 5, 2022.

PWA is the supported client now.

Regards

That's what I've been using. 3 weeks or so it all of a sudden started disconnecting & reconnecting throughout my meeting.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Suzygib could you please tell me if you were the one who started the meeting or if you joined someone else's? 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I did join someone else's.

I use the Zoom Chrome PWA app from Google Play. Zoom has given me no trouble since I began using it last year for work. Then about 3 weeks ago it started disconnecting & reconnecting throughout the meeting. I've tried uninstalling Zoom then updating my Chromebook then reinstalling. I reset it every night. I've restarted the router. Signal strength is strong. Very frustrating.

Hello ,i as i realised ,the free version of zoom not only stops at 40 minutes but to begin again a conference ,you have to wait 8 minutes before restart .

I am osf this programm

Thank you for those suggestions except for the wired ethernet connection which I don't know how to do. Forgive my naivete on that.  I have tried all of them to no avail. Zoom hasn't had any suggestions that have worked either. It's just so strange that it's worked fine until a month or so ago.