cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom keeps crashing when someone shares their screen

shakti-chitnis
Listener

My Zoom keeps crashing whenever someone in the meeting shares their screen. It usually happens when the number of people in the meeting is high. I tried with the latest & some older versions of zoom. I even tried to see the performance of the stats of the system when screen sharing is enabled. But I couldn't really see anything different. I've just bought this laptop, so older specs shouldn't be an reason for this.
Does anyone know how I can resolve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shakti-chitnis
Listener

Hey @RN
Thank you so much for your reply.

I've found a solution which is working for me now. I  had a 3 hour meeting with no interruptions (thankfully!). I'm attaching the screenshot of the changes I have made to my zoom settings. 

I switched off the hardware acceleration for sending video, receiving video & video processing. I did it by going to Settings -> Video -> Advanced. 

Hope this helps if someone else is also facing this sort of an issue.

shaktichitnis_0-1629482745762.png

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @shakti-chitnis, within your Zoom desktop client settings under Shared Screen > Advanced.

Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 10.22.40 AM.png

Try applying the same settings seen in the screenshot and see if that helps. 😄

Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 10.23.54 AM.png

Also, do you mind sharing the specs of your laptop as well the version of Zoom you're running? 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hello,

I have been encountering the same problem, lately more than 3-4 times in the same meeting. I can't use my whiteboard anymore, because in a few minutes after typing in some information, it just turns black and everything is lost. I can't even return to a white color board anymore. I have to restart my meeting, but it's all in vain. The same happens when sharing or editing while sharing. I think I will have to give up Zoom and try and find another solution, unless someone here helps me with some pieces of advice...:((

I have tried all the above and it still happens.

Thank you!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @gerligi are you up to date running the latest version of Zoom or have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling?  

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Hello and thank you for your prompt answer. I have the latest upgrade and still no solution. 😞

shakti-chitnis
Listener

Hey @RN
Thank you so much for your reply.

I've found a solution which is working for me now. I  had a 3 hour meeting with no interruptions (thankfully!). I'm attaching the screenshot of the changes I have made to my zoom settings. 

I switched off the hardware acceleration for sending video, receiving video & video processing. I did it by going to Settings -> Video -> Advanced. 

Hope this helps if someone else is also facing this sort of an issue.

shaktichitnis_0-1629482745762.png

Awesome! 🚀

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I'm confused! Should I apply the changes in video part or in screen sharing part? Or both? I see two different pictures and solution actually 😞

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @sohee, the screenshot/solution is a Windows preview of what solved shakti-chitnis problem. My screenshot is a Mac preview. If on windows, you can check/uncheck what shakti-chitnis has, but you may experience it differently. You may need to create a test meeting and see if you experience it differently, or have a friend test this with you to see if this helped! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Thanks for the reply! I'll try it tomorrow and let you know the results! 

It worked! Thank you for your help👍

Hello All,

I have the same problem and I tried all the solutions you provide but the problem is still happening. does anyone have any other solutions?

Thanks for providing the wonderful information about the Zoom app issue. Now, my issue has been resolved and the app is  working fine

arievilo1
Listener

So, I'm facing the same problems whenever someone else in my meeting shares a screen. I've applied all of the tips you've given, but it didn't work... Anyone has any other tips? Maybe something off the Zoom app settings?

I'm having the same issue arievilo1.

Did you find a solution?

Hi @arievilo1, @cjtoomey , I was having the same problem with a brand new laptop as well.  When I read @shakti-chitnis I unchecked the things they posted and it still kept crashing.  But I missed the one detail about changing the "Video Rendering Method".  I did a test on all the ones in my meeting and the only one that worked for me is the one show "Direct3D9"  After that changed and I restarted Zoom, I no longer crash when a host shares the screen.  Hope this helps!

Hi @arievilo1@cjtoomey , I was having the same problem with a brand new laptop as well.  When I read @shakti-chitnis I unchecked the things they posted and it still kept crashing.  But I missed the one detail about changing the "Video Rendering Method".  I did a test on all the ones in my meeting and the only one that worked for me is the one show "Direct3D9"  After that changed and I restarted Zoom, I no longer crash when a host shares the screen.  Hope this helps!

WinnipegA5L_0-1638651451577.png

Thank you so much! This seems to have fixed the problem. Appreciate it 😊

This worked for me!  Thanks

THEGAMEEVENT
Listener

I have been watching this thread for about six months.   I think I finally figured it out. I beg someone to test it!

I went to my video card and added ZOOM and ZOOM SHARE.  Apparently, all the video and such was not going directly to the card, causing 61.1% loss in the screen sharing “statistics”.  It is now down to 0.0%.

Please let me know!  

Where is this setting?

Hi @brauchma , 

It is likely that you are running the 32 bit Zoom Client currently. If so, please uninstall the current 32-bit Zoom Client for Windows following this article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-How-to-uninstall-Zoom

- And then install the 64-bit client. Please select the 64-bit Client below the Download sign

image.png

Let me know if that helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?