cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom crash after 10 seconds - can't even log in

QBCserve
Listener

Zoom used to work on one of my older laptops but recently as of last month keeps crashing.  It launches into the login/join a meeting box and before I could finish typing the meeting ID or try to log in, the app just crash.

I have reinstalled zoom.

I have updated all my WIN10 drivers.

I have enabled mic, speaker, camera.

I have cleared the cache.

I have closed all other apps.

Checked that the camera, sound and mic drivers are working.

I can't change the video settings as I was not even able to log in.

I am running WIN10 Home 64bit build 10.0 19043.

16Gb RAM

DirectX12

Nvidia Gforce  GTX1050

Any advise on how to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5

SachinduChamika
Participant

I would recommend ensuring your Zoom software is fully up to date - and that everyone in your Meeting is ideally up-to-date to the same version also.

If you are using a Windows computer, the latest version of Zoom (as of today) is version is 5.7.8.

If you are on a 64-bit Windows computer, I would also recommend ensuring you are using the 64-bit version of Zoom. The download page can easily direct you to the 32-bit version instead.

The 64-bit version of Zoom 5.7.8 for Windows can be found here:

https://zoom.us/client/5.7.8.1247/ZoomInstaller.exe?archType=x64

If my Answer is correct please accept it as a Solution

Sachindu Chamika

QBCserve
Listener

That did not work.  I installed the latest version but still no difference, zoom keeps crashing at the join page.  Could only type in meeting ID and before even typing in the passcode, the client crash.

Same thing whether I logged in or I use client as a guest.

Nathan_user
Listener

I have the exact same problem. Windows 10 64bit, using the latest version of Zoom (64bit), I have no cameras installed on the computer, crashes every 10 seconds after I load up zoom. 

Nathan_user
Listener

I found the source of the problem. In my case, it was a conflict with the Video Conference Mute option in Microsoft PowerToys. You can see the issue here:

https://github.com/microsoft/PowerToys/issues/13984

jrosenstein
Listener

Brilliant. Worked Perfectly