cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Stream to Facebook Group

LeighQueenOfJoy
Listener

Hi

I've been using zoom to successfully stream into my FB groups for as long as I can remember. 

I now have a new FB group, and no matter what I do, following all the guidelines set out by fb and zoom, the new group is just not showing up. 

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to solve this please? 

Many thanks
Leigh 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @LeighQueenOfJoy 

Can you please confirm the instructions below are the ones you have followed?

To check your permissions for a Facebook group

You must have admin permissions for a group to stream. If you have moderator or member permissions, you will not be able to live stream to this Facebook Group.

1. Log in to your Facebook account.
  2. Search for and choose the group you would like to stream to.
  3. Click Members.
  4. Under Admins & Moderators it will list anyone who is assigned each role for this page. Only admins can stream to a page.
  5. Click ... next to your name.
    • If you are a moderator for the group, you will have the option Remove as Moderator. You will not be able to live stream.
    • If you are an admin for the group, you will have the options Change to Moderator and Remove as Admin. You will be able to live stream.

You will also need to add Zoom as an app for your Group. 

3. On the left side panel, click Settings
  4. In the Manage Advanced Settings section, click the edit pencil 

next to Apps
  5. Click Add Apps
  6. Search for Zoom, click on Zoom, and then click Add.
  7. Follow the on screen prompts to authorize Zoom to have access to this Facebook group. 

View solution in original post

I was in contact with Zoom Customer support and they solved my issue (same as yours)

Charisma_0-1650901803116.pngCharisma_1-1650901831144.pngCharisma_2-1650901869827.png

Charisma_3-1650901941721.pngCharisma_4-1650901962574.png

Hope this should solve your issue

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39

Rupert

Hi @LeighQueenOfJoy 

Can you please confirm the instructions below are the ones you have followed?

To check your permissions for a Facebook group

You must have admin permissions for a group to stream. If you have moderator or member permissions, you will not be able to live stream to this Facebook Group.

3. Click Members.
  4. Under Admins & Moderators it will list anyone who is assigned each role for this page. Only admins can stream to a page.
  5. Click ... next to your name.
    • If you are a moderator for the group, you will have the option Remove as Moderator. You will not be able to live stream.
    • If you are an admin for the group, you will have the options Change to Moderator and Remove as Admin. You will be able to live stream.

You will also need to add Zoom as an app for your Group. 

3. On the left side panel, click Settings
  4. In the Manage Advanced Settings section, click the edit pencil 

next to Apps
  5. Click Add Apps
  6. Search for Zoom, click on Zoom, and then click Add.
  7. Follow the on screen prompts to authorize Zoom to have access to this Facebook group. 

Hi @Rupert

Thank you so much for this. 
I thought I'd taken all these steps, but went through them again and voila!!
It works. 
So much appreciation for you!! 
Kindest
Leigh 

Rupert

Great! You're welcome. I'm glad it worked out for you.

Happy streaming.

Rupert, can you please help? I have the exact same problem. I have a Facebook group from last 3 years. From last 2 weeks, I am not able to go live inside the Facebook group from Zoom because the Facebook group name is not showing up in the drop down menu when I am trying to share Zoom to Facebook. I have followed the instructions in the images and the forum here, but I am still not able to solve my problem.

I have tried all of these things and need support. It doesn't bring up any of my groups just page and timeline

Hi Leigh. I am having that same problem of the Group not showing up when I try to do Facebook live despite going through all of these other steps. I cannot figure out what I left out because it works for my other groups. The one thing I don't know is when they said to follow the on screen prompts to authorize zoom to have access to the Facebook group. Maybe I missed that but I don't see any prompts do you have any other suggestions? Thank you so much

I took all the steps but it is still not working.

I believe that I have checked and double checked all these steps, but I'm still getting the #200 error when I try to stream to the group .
I am and admin.
The app is enabled.

Would you have any idea why my groups are not populating on the Zoom/Facebook page prior to going live?  I am an admin. for the groups.  A list only populates under pages.  In my screen share, I mentioned that I installed both the Zoom Developer and Zoom product apps.  The Zoom developer app was removed from my groups.   I checked after I made the video.   Here's a screen share https://www.loom.com/share/f2076d0c22b642098c9d83c787871de3

Thank you!

I was in contact with Zoom Customer support and they solved my issue (same as yours)

Charisma_0-1650901803116.pngCharisma_1-1650901831144.pngCharisma_2-1650901869827.png

Charisma_3-1650901941721.pngCharisma_4-1650901962574.png

Hope this should solve your issue

This did work for me. But not on the first go.

When I first clicked the 'facebook security settings' link I got an error 200 'not authorized'.

Some time later I clicked 'facebook security settings' on a similar window, and then I saw the sequence of 'Zoom is requesting access' windows. Once I granted Zoom access, I find about 100 groups I can Livestream to, and I have to search to find the one I want.

Thanks so much!!!! This worked. Deeply appreciate your posting this info.

Thank you so much for this, I have been trying to solve this problem for days and it's finally working!

This worked when nothing else did! We checked the FB settings, zoom settings, even cleared chrome cache. It wasn't prompting us to set the settings until we manually followed these images. Thanks! 

YOU SAVED ME!!!!! Thank you soooooooo much for your post and the screenshots! I am 4 hours from needing to go live and I found your post. SO HELPFUL! 

THANKS !!

Thank GOD you posted this!  I tried EVERYTHING else and was working on it for a few hours until I found this!  What a GOD SEND you are!  I wish ZOOM would have this on their main help page.  Thank you so very much!

I followed the above steps. I am not getting the "What you allow" screen. How you get that screen?

Nina_mac
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

That was so helpful and solved my problem. Thanks so much!

I have done all of these things and am the admin, but my new group is not showing when I go through Zoom to do FB Live. Suggestions?

Thanks

Why do you say only admins can steam to a group and then add "

• If you are an admin for the group, you will have the options Change to Moderator and Remove as Admin. You will be able to live stream."

This makes no sense

I am the admin of the group
I have the most recent and paid version of Zoom
Zoom app is installed in my group
 I see an option from Zoom to stream into that group and still it won't work.

What's the problem? 

Hi. I've done the above repeatedly. Logged on & out. It still doesn't accept my private FB group. Is there anything else I could try?

Sincerely frustrated,  lol

I have followed all these steps, and yet my own FB groups are not appearing on the drop down menu. (Bizarrely other groups are appearing.)  I am admin, and the Zoom app has been added to the groups.  I have also checked the permissions to post, and both my groups appear on that list.  Streaming from zoom used to work perfectly, but it has suddenly stopped without me changing any settings at all.
Are there any other suggestions on what I can do, or why my FB groups are not appearing on the dropdown menu?   I'm ripping my hair out over this!  Thank you.

are you saying that an admin can't stream to a page

I have the exact same problem. I have a Facebook group from last 3 years. From last 2 weeks, I am not able to go live inside the Facebook group from Zoom because the Facebook group name is not showing up in the drop down menu when I am trying to share Zoom to Facebook. I have followed the instructions in the images and the forum here, but I am still not able to solve my problem.

I did all of that still doesn't work.

Hello,
I have been livestreaming to my FB group for more than 2 years now.
And one month ago when I tried, my facebook group does not appear in the list of FB groups. I did all those steps mentioned here. I am the admin of the group and the ZOOM app is authorized (I removed it and added it again just to check).
What else can I do?
I really need to find a solution to this issue.
Thank you in advance

I contacted Zoom Customer Services, they seem more lost than us...They asked me to change of browser and to check if there was a new update, and then they disconnected from the chat. Dis as suggested but not improvement. I guess that they have an issue and working on it. This issue hurt big time as well. 

Hi, I had the same problem yesterday; two days ago, it worked fine. "Manage advanced settings" is another one I can't find. I taught online with the paid version. but always have trouble with screen share ending all of a sudden, so I have to share it again. If you don't fix the issues, I will not pay for the app anymore!!!!!!

Hello, I finally found the troublemaker: my web browser! I was using Duckduckgo instead of Google Chrome. I removed it and everything works great again. Try to use Firefox as the web browser

I also can't even find Zoom from the search bar from "group settings > add apps"

AudreyK1215
Listener

Hello, I have done exactly that and it is not working for me. I am an admin of my group and I have the app on the group too. It won't connect. It stay logged to my other group I created in July

KrisHughes
Listener

This week, I discovered another reason why users might have problems making this work. On the facebook side, when you are installing the Zoom app into your group, there are actually TWO Zoom apps. One is labelled "Prod", the other is labelled "Dev".  However, if you don't pay attention it is easy to install "Dev" and this will not work. Make sure that you have installed the one marked "Prod". 

I learned this the hard way. 

I have the one marked Prod and I still can't seem to get it to work!

I have installed Prod and the group name is still not showing up in the drop-down menu.

faithjames
Listener

I was able to get mine working from another's users response.  When you click on More, and then Live on Facebook when the page that you use to type in the group comes up scroll down and click on the Facebook Settings to revoke access. Then when you see an edit link click that and you will see all the groups. Then deselect all and then search for and select only the groups you want to stream to.  

mulerojames
Listener

I have been having this issue for months now and the steps from the screenshot just solved the problem. If you get an error 200 or 300, ensure you log in to your Zoom and try to perform the test live stream afresh. Although the initial steps given by @Rupert seem obsolete and may not be relevant now, try to navigate to Member and check your admin role is still in place. Cheers!