cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Desktop Client Issue

BF_Zoom
Newcomer
Newcomer

We have an issue with Zoom Client for Meeting desktop app on multiple machines. After signing in the cursor flashes and we are unable to type anything to schedule a meeting. Have tried getting all Windows updates up to date, reinstalling and trying both the 32 and 64 bit versions of the client, cleared cache and cookies....
Looking at the processes after signing in, it looks like MS Edge WebView 2 is running under it which looks like it may be the problem. Is there a resolution to this?

6 REPLIES 6

acompton
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Do you have a separate sign-in window and/or Windows Notification box in your taskbar?  Sometimes Windows will pop-up a window to allow firewall access, administrator rights, etc. but it doesn't pop on top of other windows.

There is no additional pop up or Windows notification.  I also tried disabling out Anti Virus and software Firewall as well as running the desktop app as an administrator.  Issue still persists.

Thanks

jdubk1978
Newcomer
Newcomer

We've been having the same issue and there's been no consistency. Some of our people have the issue, some don't. Windows 7/10, doesn't matter. We use roaming profiles and installing the full installer: https://www.zoom.us/client/latest/ZoomInstallerFull.msi

This solution worked about about version 5.7.4. 

BF_Zoom
Newcomer
Newcomer

I think I may have figured this out. The application seems to work as it should by running it in compatibility mode for Windows 8. Right click the shortcut -> properties -> compatibility tab -> Change settings for all users -> Check Run this program in compatibility mode.

Thanks

Axel5
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have this

issue about the microsoft edge web view2

TheShadowAngel
Newcomer
Newcomer

I upgraded from Zoom 5.17 to 6 and got multiple freezes (scheduling appointments, viewing appointments), but now I am able to work in the new version Zoom Workplace thanks to this trickery:
Close Zoom Client and rename:
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Zoom\bin\zWebview2Agent.exe
, for example to zWebview2Agent_Backup.exe
Launch Zoom Client and work as before, but if you upgrade to a newer version, you will need to repeat the procedure (if freeze).