cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Recording.conf for?

eup_rie
Listener

Hi, 

When I record meetings (local recording), Zoom creats a file named "Recording.conf" in the meeting folder.

It seems like a JSON file containing some info about the meeting, but what is it for? Is this something I can delete once I confirm all necessary recording files are fine?

Thanks,

Rie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MiloInSanDiego
Listener

I had the same question/concern and was disappointed to see that no one answered you.  So I went through the 20 minute nuisance that was getting past the automated support bot to get a live person who suggested a lot of useless stuff about how to record before he finally understood my simple question, "Is there anything about that file that's important that i need to keep it or will all my .mp3 and .mp4 files work fine if I delete it?"   At long last, he told me that I could safely delete the file.  Thought I'd share that news with you, Eup_rie .

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MiloInSanDiego
Listener

I had the same question/concern and was disappointed to see that no one answered you.  So I went through the 20 minute nuisance that was getting past the automated support bot to get a live person who suggested a lot of useless stuff about how to record before he finally understood my simple question, "Is there anything about that file that's important that i need to keep it or will all my .mp3 and .mp4 files work fine if I delete it?"   At long last, he told me that I could safely delete the file.  Thought I'd share that news with you, Eup_rie .

eup_rie
Listener

MiloInSanDiego, I appreciate your attention and info sharing. Now I can delete them without any worry. Thank you!!! 🙂