cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Pro Audio Cuts Out

srasmussen
Listener

I have been trying to use the Zoom App for the Apple Vision Pro.  However the audio consistently cuts out every 5 mins or so, where I can not be heard nor can others hear me.  The only resolution is to leave the meeting and come back.  There is also a Reddit thread on this as well so it is not just me.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

villox
Listener

I opened a ticket with our enterprise support folks today and got the following:
"Zoom has acknowledged the bug and the fix is planned for Zoom client version 5.17.10. The tentative date for this release GA is February 25th."

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

villox
Listener

I'm having the same issue. Makes Zoom unusable. 

ogw-quore
Listener

Same issue. I noticed that it happens pretty consistently when a notification comes through.

Have you tried turning off notifications while in a call to see if it helps?

I tried that this morning, it did seem to last a little longer, but still cut out 4 times in a 30 minute meeting.

I turned off my notifications, and the rest of the meeting went well. It was only 5 to 10 minutes after, so I have a limited data set. Sounds like it doesn’t help completely, though. 

Mike0
Listener

Same issue here. I couldn't hear anyone on the call. It's a shame as the Discord compatible app on Apple Vision Pro works fine. 

shrop
Listener

Seeing the same. I will try leaving notification off for now. Good find. Seems like this is a bug that should be solvable.

Just had a call and I had no notifications on. Audio still dropped after 5-10 minutes so maybe it also happens for other reasons. 

villox
Listener

I opened a ticket with our enterprise support folks today and got the following:
"Zoom has acknowledged the bug and the fix is planned for Zoom client version 5.17.10. The tentative date for this release GA is February 25th."

Thanks for the update!

Great News!  

Thanks for the update. I have same issue. Audio cuts out after about 10-15 mins. I have to force quit and rejoin. Has happened on all 8 zoom calls I've had. 

My issue is that the speaker volume is too low.

does anybody have the status on this fix? I just purchased a Vision Pro and was excited about using Zoom and now I’m back to my desktop. 

I was able to update Zoom on my AVP last night. Release just said bug fixes, so not sure what it fixes. Will try it out on some Zoom calls today.

I have the updated version of Zoom and the audio absolutely does not work. I tried contacting support but they are telling me I need to upgrade from my pro plan to the premium plan just to get help. I may have to start using MS Teams or Webx, because this is not working for me,

away
Listener

Same issue

lopezcalderon
Listener

same thing for me. It's really annoying. 

jhutchinson
Listener

I also have the same issue. Looking forward to the update! 

L_Simon
Listener

Still having this issue, and showing no update available for visionOS.

Any chance we could get an update on when this is expected to hit?

Can someone pse give the accurate release date for this fix? Thx

Agreed.

To be clear, this bug makes the visionOS Zoom app almost entirely unusable for me. At best, I can keep Slack running on my laptop and switch into the visionOS app when I need to show someone my view - but only if it's of very short duration.

Otherwise, I'm completely unable to use the visionOS app for anything productive.