cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Zoom with wifi hotspot?

alexmsilb
Listener

Hi,

I've been using Zoom from home but now I have to go into an office with no wifi one day a week, using Zoom for 6 hours. Will using my iphone as a hotspot provide consistent quality? Would using a hotspot device be better? I'm a psychotherapist, so I need to have a consistent signal.

Thanks for any help.

Alex

2 REPLIES 2

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @alexmsilb ,

This will depend on a number of factors.

Primarily, what the mobile network coverage is like in your office, and whether the data plan on your iPhone provides high-speed data to tethered/hot-spotted devices (some do, some don't).

If you have good coverage, and high-speed tethering on your iPhone plan, then it could work satisfactorily.

I would recommend tethering to your iPhone over USB, though, to get the most stable connection - and to keep the phone charged.

I dedicated hotspot with a USB connection might be just a little more of a robust solution though. You could pick a hotspot on the network with the best coverage for your location. Still try to pick a hotpot that supports a USB connection for tethering though.

If it is mission-critical, I would use a hotspot. Your iPhone could then be a backup - so at least you would have options.

Hope this helps.

Rupert

Hi @alexmsilb 

I Accept what @Rupert  says

Sachindu Chamika