cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using OneClick Solution on Android

Tom7
Listener

Hi,

i'm searching for an easy way to join zoom on android for old or disabled people.

I have a solution if they have a windows pc/tablet. With an Internet URL, saved as link on Desktop they can participate by simple click the icon (the url contains the meeting id and the password). Just accept the video an they are online in the meeting.

But i can't find such solution on Android. The URL Solution still open the Browser, you must click "Open Zoom" then select the Audio via WLAN.

Believe me, many are overwhelmed with that.

The setup can be complicated. I can visit them and arrange everything, and then we can meet regularly at zoom. But entering the ID and password via the Zoom App, or using a browser link with "Open Meeting" -> "Enter Name" -> "Use Audio via WLAN" unfortunately does not work.

So is there any solution to join a specific zoom meeting (conference id and password allways the same) ideally with only one click?.

3 REPLIES 3

andrew2
Listener

Hi

I don't understand the Audio via WLAN thing.  If you are routing the sound via the tablet you can ask it to join audio automatically.  Zoom - Settings - Meetings - Use Computer Audio - tick wifi. Then I always have one click join on my Android table.  So here is exactly what I do....

On the host account, embed meeting password in invitation link (setting on zoom.us, not the client)

On the Android tablet Zoom app, change audio settings as above, I also tick "Always Show Meeting Controls" and also untick "Show Video Preview"

Then email the meeting invitation link to the tablet, copy and paste it into a browser, and set this as a shortcut to the home screen.  If it tries to fire up zoom while you do this just disconnect the wifi.

Then click the shortcut link once, just to accept "Always" for opening with the Zoom app.  It should be a one click join now.  Remember if the person clicks the shortcut by mistake then will then have to touch the zoom app and leave the zoom meeting, this only happens if they have more than one shortcut to different meetings.  The tablet will continue to join the wrong meeting until you leave even if that meeting isn't running. 

Hope that helps

andrew2
Listener

The audio settings are actually

Zoom app - Settings - Meeting - Auto-Connect to Audio - Wifi

andrew2
Listener

And I checked, so if you are logged into the Zoom app with a free account this will be one click.  If you aren't, then after clicking the shortcut you need to click the blue button in the centre of the screen labelled Launch Zoom Meeting. Hope that helps.