cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen sharing a samsung mobile via cable on Zoom

laurenh
Listener

Hi there, looking for help. I need to screen share my mobile during Zoom meetings, via cable, but I have a Samsung phone (not an iOS device). Do you know if this is possible to do on Zoom, or does it need to be an iOS device only?

9 REPLIES 9

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,

As long as your device's OS is Android: 5.0.0 or higher, you should not face any issues:

Prerequisites for video conference sharing

• Zoom desktop client
    • Windows: 5.0.0 or higher
    • macOS: 5.0.0 or higher
    • Linux: 5.0.0 or higher
  • Zoom mobile app
    • Android: 5.0.0 or higher
    • iOS: 5.0.0 or higher

Follow this article and Scroll down to Android for steps:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362153

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

Thank you Sachin. Please confirm - can you use a Macbook desktop for the Zoom meeting and then screen share it via cable to an Android 5.0.0 device? 

sachinzoom

Hello,

You can share your macbook desktop on  zoom and then the Android device can join the zoom meeting to view the screen share. Not sure why a cable is needed.

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

Hi Sachin, we need showcase an app through a screenshare using a cable in the Zoom meeting, but we only have an Android phone.

sachinzoom

Hello,

What role is the cable playing ? You can share the app directly on your MAC and the Android phone can join the meeting to view it. Is my understanding correct ? If not, Please describe your use case

Jameswalter
Participant

To share your entire screen, including any application on your Android device:
Tap Share. in the meeting controls.
Tap Screen. 
Tap Start Now to confirm. 
At the bottom of your screen, tap Annotate to open the annotation tools or tap Stop Share to stop sharing and go back to meeting controls.

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,

They want to replicate  the Share an iOS device screen using a cable feature, but I don't think Samsung supports this feature. Only Apple does.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115003341686-Share-an-iOS-device-screen-using-a-cable 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

RichieB
Listener

I've been trying to find ways to do this and it looks like it not possible from the Zoom App. I dont think its Samsung support issue as they have things like Second Screen and pretty good integration with Windows. 

There are apps such as Duet and others that can add your Android device as a second screen to Mac and then you can just share the Android device as the "Second Mac Screen" but the app has a steep cost.

@sachinzoom @Frank_TB is there any roadmap for Zoom to allow a "Share Screen" like experience but then show other devices such as an Android device which is also logged into your Zoom account, then you can simply use the Share screen feature to request the Android device to join the meeting with share screen enabled. 

Frank_TB

Sorry, I don't have information regarding that. I don't work for Zoom.

Regards