cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen is zoomed in whenever someone shares their screen, though the zoom setting is only at 100%

sejura
Listener

I am using Chrome on a Mac.

Whenever I am on a zoom call and someone shares their screen, the screen share image is blown up, though the zoom is only at 100%. I then can zoom out through Mac gestures. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

I have used zoom for years, on mac, but I have never had this issue. This is a new computer for me, so I am not sure if there is something different with the mac settings. But this is really annoying and it would be great to resolve.

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sejura
Listener

Ok, I figured it out.. I hope.

under preferences the "Scale to fit shared content to Zoom window" was unchecked. I assume this was the issue. If not, I'll reply here. Otherwise, I would say this is resolved. 

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 12.26.20 PM.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sejura
Listener

Just to further clarify-- the zoomed in state in the image is "100%". When I use the Mac gesture it zooms out in zoom. You can see in the second screen shot here- that simply getting the screen to fit in the window, I need to reduce the zoom down-- pictured here at 68%.

ZoomDC
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @sejura ,

Chrome has its own zoom in/out setting, which runs independently from the Zoom settings.

Since it looks like you are using the Zoom web client with Chrome, it’s possible your Chrome browser is set at a higher zoom rate.

Try clicking on the three dots on the top right corner of your Chrome browser, and go to Settings. Then click on Appearance, and confirm/change the “Page zoom” setting to 100%.

I hope this helped!

Let us know if that did the trick by clicking Accept as Solution on this response. Thank you!

- DC

sejura
Listener

Sorry, I may have provided bad information. I am actually using the Zoom desktop client. Though I launch it from Chrome. That actually may be the issue, b/c previously I have not used this.  However, I checked my Chrome zoom setting and it is set to 100%.

sejura
Listener

Ok, I figured it out.. I hope.

under preferences the "Scale to fit shared content to Zoom window" was unchecked. I assume this was the issue. If not, I'll reply here. Otherwise, I would say this is resolved. 

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 12.26.20 PM.png