cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 500 Internal Server Error

Pri-Support
Listener

We have a client that is getting a "500 Internal Server Error" when trying to create new Zoom Meetings in Outlook.  The Outlook Add-In, is installed and enabled.  We also downloaded the desktop client and installed on the machine.

Still getting the same error.

Outlook O365
Windows 11

I see one other post with the same issue, but no response yet.  Appreciate any insight.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

EP_PDX
Listener

Resolution - on the Zoom add-in (within outlook), go to "Settings" from the drop down (instead of new zoom meeting) and then sign out/sign in from the settings tab.  Once you sign back in, the issue is resolved (at least with my Outlook O365/Mac).  Hope that helps

View solution in original post

LizO404
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

I'm having the same issue describe above.  Once I logged in using settings & a goggle sign on, I close & reopen the schedule window .  Use the "settings" box, not the "add a zoom meeting" box, and click "add zoom meeting" button at top of right bar.  The zoom info populates!  This is a workaround but I still think it should be easier.  

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

EP_PDX
Listener

I am also getting this "500 Internal Server Error" as of 26/Oct with Outlook O365 on Mac.  I am able to work around by going through "Settings" option (adding Zoom meeting) but not able to directly schedule due to this Server Error.

I'm having the same issue. I have tried login out like you suggested, but it did not work on my PC. I'm logging in using my google account. Not sure if it works better if you have an email and password instead. This is driving me nuts!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @mariaz if the following suggestions from @LizO404 or @Pri-Support don't resolve your issue, can you please make sure that Zoom required ports/protocols/subnet are whitelisted on your end inbound/outbound base on the public article https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0060548

Secondly, I would ensure that your calendar and contacts integration is properly setup as well at the individual user level with their O365 account. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

EP_PDX
Listener

Resolution - on the Zoom add-in (within outlook), go to "Settings" from the drop down (instead of new zoom meeting) and then sign out/sign in from the settings tab.  Once you sign back in, the issue is resolved (at least with my Outlook O365/Mac).  Hope that helps

Thank you - this has been driving me nuts for several days. Now resolved!

This solution also worked for me! Thanks for posting! 

1) the plug in constantly signs me out, even though I check "remember me" every time. 2) I have to "Add Meeting" and then sign in. Get the 500 error, then go to Settings and Add Meeting from there and then Zoom info populates. 3) If I want to schedule another meeting, I have to repeat all the steps again. 

Has anyone tried uninstalling and re-installing the plug in? Does that work? How do you uninstall the plug in? 

mariaz
Listener

I'm having the same issue. I have tried login out like EP-PDX suggested, but it did not work on my PC. I'm logging in using my google account. Not sure if it works better if you have an email and password instead. This is driving me nuts!

Same issue here, Windows 11, O365 and sign-in with Google.  Tried signing out and in, same issue.  Replicated issue on 3 machines so far.

One other item to add.  The issue only occurs on "old" Outlook (Office 365).   If you click the Try the new Outlook button on the top the issue is fixed.   A lot of people don't like the new Outlook as it seems like an exact copy of Outlook Web Access.   Can anyone confirm the issue and that they are using the following:

• Google Authentication for Zoom
  • Microsoft Office 365 for email
  • Outlook 365 full application (old version, not new)
  • Windows 11 

LizO404
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

I'm having the same issue describe above.  Once I logged in using settings & a goggle sign on, I close & reopen the schedule window .  Use the "settings" box, not the "add a zoom meeting" box, and click "add zoom meeting" button at top of right bar.  The zoom info populates!  This is a workaround but I still think it should be easier.  

dgdiaz3
Listener

Same for me and agree, the button at the top should work to avoid the extra step!