cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name not showing what profile has, can't change it either. I see others have had this same problem

katrina007
Listener

My partner is having the  problem of her name......her name keeps saying Gi and Kathy.. and she changed her profile name and display name to gi  using zoom.us and it keeps showing Gi and Kathy when she gets into a meeting. It seems to work at first but then a new meeting she joins it is not changing. Is this a bug? We don't see anywhere where it says Gi and Kathy in her profile so where is it getting it from?  Also I am the admin and the host of the mtgs.. and i have set up for the meetings: Allow user to change their name when joining a meeting  (this is OFF now as I want the profile name to appear) (it was ON before but does not seem to change either way) and Allow participants to rename themselves (this is ON). HELP!!!!!  She is getting really frustrated and I am too!

3 REPLIES 3

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @katrina007, I'm so sorry for just now seeing your post as I know it has been a while since you initially posted.  Are you still experiencing issues with the username not appearing correctly? If so, I'd love to help you get it resolved.

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

RUReddy
Listener

I'm not katrina007 but I'm having the same problem.  I've reached out to Zoom support but they just tell me to come here. 

Hi @RUReddy ,

Thank you for your contribution to the Zoom Community. 

Please check out the solution provided by @Ohkawa on a very similar post, here: Display name 

Let me know if that helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?