cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mic works only 1 second, and stops. ZOOM only problem.

Hale_JP
Listener

Recently, I had to join a few important conferences, and found that people do not hear me.

We see each other, I can hear them, but they do not hear me. It was not like this in the beginning of 2022.

We moved to Meet, and everything worked. I tried Teams and Skype. Again, everything works.

I tried listening to Mic input from the Windows Audio Mixer, and it worked smooth like always.

Then I went to Zoom config, and found that the Mic level bar was waving for one second only, and went dead.

I changed the Config page, and activated Audio config again - now clicking "test mic" as fast as possible. And I could record my voice for one second. Then it went off.

Something is wrong in ZOOM for Windows.

I have a HP Pavilion Air 13 laptop, based on AMD chipset, with preinstalled Windows 11, which is regularly updated.

13 REPLIES 13

Hale_JP
Listener

I tried uninstalling, clearing %appdata%, and registry from ZOOM data. Tried both, 64 and 32 bit versions. Nothing helps.

Zoom stops hearing my mic after 1 second, and that happens only in ZOOM.

david-vola
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi @Hale_JP ,

try the solution indicated by colleague @CarlaA  to do the CleanZOOM, restart the PC and download from the official zoom website

In the next post: https://community.zoom.com/t5/Chat/Can-not-display-attached-s-photo-image-in-Zoom-s-chat/td-p/33236

You have step by step all u need to do for this.

I hope it helps,

Best regards,

Please mark if this solution helped you so that other colleagues can find it!

Well, and just for sure, I tried CleanZOOM now, and nothing changed.

This is a dangerous program that has damaged my computer boot up.

david-vola

Hi @Hale_JP ,

I'm sorry to hear that, to be more specific this program only works on the application and zoom registry folders, so it doesn't make sense that it affects the sequential boot of your computer, could it be a coincidence? I'm not saying no, but if more it doesn't seem curious.

Have you tried to update to the latest version of August 29?
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201361953

Have you tried with any external peripheral to see if it also happens?

Can you confirm that when you start your computer, there is no other software that starts from startup? (either teams, meet, webex, etc) to confirm that another application does not have the camera and microphone in use before zooming.

Keep in touch.

Best regards,

Please mark if this solution helped you so that other colleagues can find it!

After I run this program, and reboot, the computer makes a loud click, and the screen stays blank.

I suspect, it incorrectly cleans it registry handles to the audio and video subsystem, resulting the display failing to boot correctly.

The computer boots only after pressing the power button for 5 seconds... and again cannot boot with "restart" option.

Awful irresponsibility.

Here another user has the same problem. And ha has also AMD based machine.

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Microphone-drops-windows-11/m-p/73822#M40221

So it maybe an improper use of audio subsystem, which no other developer does, failing to work with AMD drivers.

And no, no other app use the cam, the LED is off. And probably do not use the mic.

ZOOM connects to mic, but just becomes deaf in a second.

It looks AMD specific, happening after the recent Windows 11 updates.

Hale_JP
Listener

As you can read above, I tried exactly that. Except I cleaned the %appdata% and the Registry manually.

And it does not help.

Hale_JP
Listener

nothing changes. ZOOM is deaf

Hale_JP
Listener

'&&'($(' This CleanZOOM thing has damaged my registry and startup. Now the laptop boots to black screen after starting ZOOM in previous session. 

That ZOOM thing is a total disaster.

Hale_JP
Listener

I should mention that CleanZOOM  has completely destroyed my computer requiring Windows reinstalling:

1) after running CleanZOOM  Windows 11 started booting to black screen.

2)Getting out of the black screen is only possible with long pressing of power button on laptop, which forces power down.

3)at first it allowed to boot with display probably in last known good registry mode... but after 5th time it caused SSD/disk volume failure, and the registry damage.

4)After all I had to repair the laptop with Windows installation media.

5)After repairing and reinstalling zoom, at first mic worked.

6) But soon I received both Microsoft updates for AMD platform, and ZOOM updates automatically.

7)And Zoom (only Zoom 5.11.10-8200) again became deaf to microphone!

AWFUL!

Not expected form a business application.

Sandra26
Listener

Has anyone found a real solution for this? I've tried everything, nothing works. Same behavior as described in this thread. I just didn't try the Clean Zoom, as I don't want to mess up my laptop