cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting recording is stuck at 'processing recording' after 3 days

stevejames
Listener

Hello,

I recorded a meeting (approx 90mins length) three days ago and it has been stuck in 'processing recording' ever since then.

I record many meetings, and this has never happened before.

Any advice would be much appreciated, this meeting is an important work recording.

Kind regards,

Steve

9 REPLIES 9

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @stevejames 

You will need to contact Zoom Support to get their assistance with that stuck cloud recording. 

I also had this problem

I had the same problem today. I opened a ticket. Do they respond and resolve quickly ?

stevejames
Listener

Hi everyone,

Quick update: I contacted Zoom support using a support ticket and they were able to resolve this and retrieve the recording.

Where can I place a Support ticket? to solve the same Issue..? I have a meeting in processing recording status

forever....

@pavindu  Thank you for the link! I'm having the same issue today, and you just made my day : )

Jameswalter
Participant

Normally, a recording can process up to double the time of the meeting. For example, if you held a meeting and recorded it for an hour, it can take 2 hours or more to process. If the recording is taking longer than this, your best option would be to reach out to support so they can investigate and push the recording through if needed. You can find out more on submitting a support ticket.

Regards,
James

joscva
Listener

Whoops was replying to the wrong thread, this does not apply here.

Wait, do we have to record the meeting at Zoom to be able to have Fathom process it?  I did a test meeting and stopped the cloud recording immediately, then let Fathom record me playing back an old meeting recording for about an hour.  It processed just fine, no issues.  Then I did a new meeting and repeated the process, this time with a 2.5 hour meeting, and it's now been stuck on processing for hours.  This advice to contact Zoom about the recording is making me think that we have no choice but to record at Zoom, but my first test went fine so... now I'm unsure.  Guess I'll wait and see if this one eventually finishes.