cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make a meeting link with embedded passcode in it

IgorM
Listener

When I do a standard meeting scheduling (after choosing "passcode" as the Security option), it generates a link that has a Meeting ID embedded in it. But in this case, participants should add passcode manually, which I want to avoid. I know it is possible to have a passcode embedded into the link - so, they enter in one click. How should I do it, why it doesn't go automatically?

Thanks - Igor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear Ray, thank you so much! I'll try to do it and let you know. It seems it should work.

All the best - Igor

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @IgorM.

Does your URL look something like this?

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86596340000?pwd=QWERTDd4K0VBMWlMWVVIN0RCdmhYUT09 

If so, the Passcode is embedded in the URL as well... it's the part after the "pwd=".

Zoom automatically embeds the passcode when the Passcode box is checked:

Ray_Harwood_0-1688172618888.png

If Passcode is checked, and you have a meeting Join URL that doesn't have the passcode attached to it... where are you getting this from?  It should be here on the Zoom Web Portal after you create the meeting:

Ray_Harwood_1-1688172726241.png

It is also here on the Zoom Desktop App:

Ray_Harwood_2-1688172818113.png

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Ray, many thanks, indeed. It should be there, but it isn't. Here are the settings:

IgorM_0-1688175170858.png

and after clicking "Save" I have this one:

Igor Mandel is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Igor Mandel's Zoom Meeting
Time: Jun 30, 2023 09:45 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81670529493

Meeting ID: 816 7052 9493
Passcode: 822663

As you see, it doesn't place the passcode IN the link, but puts it separately. What do I do wrong? Perhaps, I should change some Settings in Zoom?

Many thanks again.

Igor

Ray_Harwood

Aha!  I've only seen this setting once before.  See this Zoom Support article:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360060396571-Embedding-meeting-passcode-in-invite-link

It's rare that anyone ever turns this off!!  You (or if you're on a business account, someone) must have turned this off at some point:

Ray_Harwood_0-1688178253037.png

Make sure this switch on Blue/On.  If you can't change it, follow the Support article to change the settings at the Account or Group level, as appropriate.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Dear Ray, thank you so much! I'll try to do it and let you know. It seems it should work.

All the best - Igor

I am having the same problems that Igor is having, however, I've checked our account settings, which already has the "embed passcode in invite for one-click join" toggled on. Do you have any insight as to why this isn't working?