cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac support for calendar integration

sonoerin
Listener

Does anyone know if its possible to use iCalendar/Mac Calendar with Zoom to schedule/show meetings?  We have the desktop app but our email is not hosted by Outlook or Google.  It appears that Zoom only supports Exchange and Google for these integrations.  

Anyone at Zoom reading this - will there ever be  Apple support for mail/calendar? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Derek5

The solution that I am speaking of is not in the web version of the Zoom client. It is on the app version on a PC or Mac. If you go to the home tab and then click on the blue schedule button you will see an option to schedule your meeting using iCal. 

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 1.24.59 PM.png

 I hope that this is helpful. Let me know if there is anything further that I can do to assist you. 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

YaBoiB

Hello @sonoerin

If you go through the Zoom Desktop App > on the home screen > click on the blue schedule button > scroll down to Calendar. There is an iCal option there that you can use. I just tested it and it worked for me in making a Zoom meeting event on my calendar. 

That setting is static also, so you should not have to change it again, but you will have to schedule your meetings that way as far as I can tell. I have not tested the reverse of creating an event in iCal and attempting to add a Zoom Meeting that way. 

I hope this helps. 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Thank you Brandon.  I see what you mean, I guess I was hoping that Zoom could read my calendar and show up-coming meetings that way.  Seems a pain that of all my meetings, only these particular ones are known.

Appreciate the help.

YaBoiB

Hello @sonoerin

Unfortunately, we do not have a direct integration with iCal as we do with Google and Office 365. I am not sure of the reasoning behind that but I believe that it might have something to do with how Apple codes that application. 

Of course, enjoy the holidays. 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

What is very odd is that I can create Zoom meetings and select iCal, and they appear in my Mac Calendar. With meeting requests I receive they appear in Zoo, not on my Mac Calendar, but they DO appear on my iOS calendar on both phone and iPad. Any idea why?

YaBoiB

Hi Jim, 

So if someone sends you a meeting event request. (From their calendar to yours) where you would not be the host but you would be a participant, you would then need to download the ics file and when you open that file it will either default to your iCal calendar, or it will ask you to choose which calendar you would like to import that ics file to. 

Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 4.22.42 PM.png

so what I did here was downloaded the ics file, right clicked on it and chose open with and it gave me options of all the apps that I have that can use that file type. For me, I would choose either outlook or iCal, but honestly, I only have those two for testing. Zoom is a google G-Suite shop, so I  90% of the time use Google calendar for all of my hosted or invited meetings. IMHO it is the best way to go, and we have a great integration with Google if you decide you want to switch up your workflow. I realize that adding to your workflow is not the greatest, but iCal does has never been supported here at Zoom for meetings that you are invited to unfortunately. You can ask the host to send you the ics file. If they click on the meeting that they are sending to you and look under the invite link there is a button that says Outlook Calendar (.ics) that file will work for iCal also. I hope that this helps. 

Regards, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Hi @YaBoiB ,

Could you try your solution again?  I don't see an iCal option.  I was able to sync with iCal until the most recent update, and now only find Google, MS 365 and Exchange options under the new Workspace Management tab under Admin.   Wondering if something changed very recently and/or if there is another solution.  

Thanks for your thoughts and help.  

Derek

YaBoiB

Hi @Derek5

The solution that I am speaking of is not in the web version of the Zoom client. It is on the app version on a PC or Mac. If you go to the home tab and then click on the blue schedule button you will see an option to schedule your meeting using iCal. 

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 1.24.59 PM.png

 I hope that this is helpful. Let me know if there is anything further that I can do to assist you. 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Perfect - thank you so much!

YaBoiB

Hi @Derek5

I am so glad that this was able to help you. If you could click on the accepted solution button so that the next time that someone is looking for this on Google or in our support articles it will show up for that next user. 

Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

YOU are amazing!!!!! No Apple rep (I worked with 3 over 2 hours) or Zoom rep or search of the internets could help me figure this out. I've been using Zoom for 3 years and suddenly this change occurred (for WHAT REASON?????).  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Hi, how do I get zoom to link my appointments to the apple calendar?  It shows ical selected in my phone from the steps you show above but my appointments are not showing up in my apple calendar.  I do not use google or microsoft office products so this work around will be essential for me.

yes, same thing happened to me...I was able to sync zoom meetings with my icalendar until the most recent software update

YaBoiB

@Kellipsf @GBE

Another rep at Zoom taught me this so it is great when people help people out. That is what I love about the Zoom Community. Thanks for the kind words, have a wonderful day. 

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

NathanMartinez
Listener

Can iCal integration with Zoom be expanded to function similarly to Google and Office 365 calendar integrations? If not, is there any insight into potential plans for incorporating iCal synchronization in the future? Given that the iOS Zoom app offers this feature, it would be valuable to understand the rationale for its absence in the MacOS version.

Furthermore, I'm enthusiastic about the possibility of contributing to Zoom's development, particularly regarding the MacOS and iOS applications. Are there any potential job openings within Zoom that align with my expertise and could involve exploring and enhancing calendar integrations for these platforms?

Additionally, I would greatly appreciate any links or resources you could provide for exploring job opportunities at Zoom, specifically those related to the development of the MacOS and iOS applications. Moreover, I'm curious if there are any online platforms or forums where I could engage in discussions about these integration aspects and the underlying technologies used in the Zoom applications?

YaBoiB

@NathanMartinez

I have been at Zoom for four years and we have never been able to expand the functionality of iCal to the level of Google and Office 365. I believe it has something to do with the APIs that Apple needs to run their calendar, but I can check into that for you. 

As for jobs at Zoom, please go to our webpage at https://careers.zoom.us/home to search for possible positions that meet your strengths and expertise. 

We have the community forum and we also have the developer forum that is open to the public for consumption. The developer forum site is https://devforum.zoom.us/ 

Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

nic_olaz
Listener

I am using mac calendar and would like to add zoom links to my meetings in the mac calendar bc I have the full overview of my week there. It does not really help if I have to go to zoom each time I want to schedule a video-call and then would have to check back in calendar, when I am available. 

@Zoom: Would be great if you could find an agreement with Apple here

YaBoiB

@nic_olaz

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I did not see the notification that you replied until just now. If you go to the home screen on your Zoom app and choose to schedule using the schedule button you can choose your iCal calendar and it will add the Zoom link (join link) into your calendar event. I just tested it on my mac using Sonoma version 14.3. I would show you a screenshot of my whole calendar, but I have sensitive information on it, but hopefully you see what I am talking about if you set up a meeting in Zoom to your iCal calendar. 

Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 6.24.06 PM.png

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Hi Brandon, thanks for the response. I was searching for a way to do it inside of Mac calendar as I am not using Zoom to schedule meetings directly. But I what I now did instead is: 
I set a rule that anytime i type zoom my zoom-link appears so now i just type it into the notes of a new meeting and invited people can access my zoom call. Its not perfect but it works

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Zoom can export an ICS file. When I open the ICS file in ICal it imports all of the meeting details to my iCalender.

IMG_8133.jpeg

ical0.png

To enable or disable Send ICS calendar attachment along with  invitation/reminder emails for your own use:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Settings.
  3. Click the Meeting tab.
  4. Under In Meeting (Advanced), click the Send ICS calendar attachment along with webinar invitation/reminder emails toggle to enable or disable it.
  5. If a verification dialog displays, click Enableor Disable to verify the change.
    Note: If the option is grayed out, it has been locked at either the group or account level. You need to contact your Zoom admin.

How do I open ICS files in iCal?

1. Launch iCal, then click the "File" menu and choose "Import" to open the Import dialog box.
  2. Click the "Import an iCal file" button.
  3. Click "Import" to open a file browser dialog box, then navigate to and select your ICS file to open the "Add Events" dialog box.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

sarah12345
Listener

This did not work for me.  I'm a business with zoom appointments. I would like to link these appointments with my apple calendar and unlink the notices in my google calendar.

sarah12345
Listener

There is no way to contact a live human being via zoom support to help with this. Quite frustrating. I often don't choose to use products with poor support staff; using zoom is a temporary fix until my clinical online video chat portal is fixed.

YaBoiB

Hello @sarah12345

I will work with you on this. I just sent you a DM to your profile. Please feel free to reach out to the email address that I provided to you, and we can work out a time to tackle the issues that you are facing. 

Thanks, 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Roran
Listener

SOLVED!!!! It took me a total of 5 hours with no answers on the internet but I figured this out for anyone looking in the future. To sync iCalendar to Zoom Desktop Client app for macOS you have to make sure your meetings are in the right Calendar in your iCalendar app!
So in your iCalendar app, on the upper left side of the page, select the little calendar icon to pull up your different calendars. For me I had iCloud calendars and Google calendars. I'd ether make a new calendar under Google or use an already existing one if you do have one already. 
Personally I had to delete all of my Zoom events in my iCloud calendars and reapply them to my google calendars all in iCalendar. 
Then when you go to sync in zoom, select google. when it's installed you should see your different iCalendar calendars associated with google on the left. 

Hope this helps!! I looked forever and couldn't find a single answer. 

sarah12345
Listener

Glad that worked for you! I don't use google products, hence the issue (I can't link from google calendar since I'm not using google).

I don’t use google calendar at all. I just use gmail and iCalendar. 
If you don’t have gmail, you might be sol. 
If you use gmail, open iCalendar. On the Mac menu bar go:

Calendar>Settings>Accounts 

Hit the + button on the bottom left. Choose “Google”

Follow the prompts to log into your gmail. 

Back in iCalendar, when you tap the little calendar button on the top to open up your different calendars on the left (if it’s not already open) and there should be a new Google “account” (or rather a calendar category) there. 

To add a new calendar: go to Mac menu bar: file>new calendar>google

If you don’t have gmail at all this won’t work. Best of luck!