cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chinese users unable to enter meetings

jeridawnm
Listener

Hello.  I tutor Chinese children daily.  Yesterday and today, several students have been unable to enter the meetings.  One parent sent the error code 13215.  Has something happened that I am unaware of?  I can still enter meetings fine on my end (USA).  Any solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

To enjoy uninterrupted access, users in China are encouraged to upgrade to a licensed version of Zoom. In order to resolve Error Code 13215, the host will need to upgrade to a paid account, or the person experiencing the error code will need to sign into a paid Zoom account and then join the meeting. 

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

67 REPLIES 67

CathyWL
Listener

I had  the same issue , I am a paid zoom user,  it keeps for week 

SSUO
Listener

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue.  Any solutions?  Thanks

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

To enjoy uninterrupted access, users in China are encouraged to upgrade to a licensed version of Zoom. In order to resolve Error Code 13215, the host will need to upgrade to a paid account, or the person experiencing the error code will need to sign into a paid Zoom account and then join the meeting. 

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

It's NOT SOLVED at all!

Chinese users have to pay extra money to join a meeting, it's unfair, it's ridiculous, it's discrimination!

This is ridiculous an ver unprofessional. But if that's the case, I'll be ending my Zoom license and doing all my classes on VooV...

You should review your policies if you don't want to see unhappy customers leave.

I am the host and I've already upgraded to a paid account. Are you saying the guests who join the meeting also need to upgrade to a paid account? 

I have paid account, but it still doesn't work. 

I suggest you report it to support team with a support ticket

Hi have  your issues been solved?

how to reach to their support team?

I have tried with Zoom support, useless. They gave me the same answer.  Despite I have paid account, the user in China still require to purchase for their account. It is not clearly said on their website and it had been working for me  . Anyone who has the sane issue ?

Zoom support cannot fix the issue. It's blocked from the China side. Same problem even may user end is a paid account. Very frustrated. 

Stupid policy

"the host will need to upgrade to a paid account"

I am the host and am using a paid account. My client in China is getting this error. So that's 50% of your solution that isn't working.

I use a paid account to host meeting. 

I don't think that any customers will purchase a license to join my meeting

Zoom better provide solution or REFUND our subscription

D*mn right!

Maybe a lawsuit will make them sober.

What is paid version?  pro version ? business version?  Which one is paid version? We are pro licensed. But it doesn't work.

真的吗?! 这个答案让我震惊! 为什么加入会议的人要收费??  这是不可能的!

Really? ! This answer shocked me! Why are people needed to charge to join a meeting? ? it's out of the question! This is unreasonable and unbelievable. 
Please give us the true answer of this question, why customs in china can't join into the meet with a error code   13215 ?

To enjoy uninterrupted access, users in China are encouraged to upgrade to a licensed version of Zoom. In order to resolve Error Code 13215, the host will need to upgrade to a paid account, or the person experiencing the error code will need to sign into a paid Zoom account and then join the meeting. 

_------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can see the answer from ZOOM.  I don't know why .  The meeting created by pro version zoom account , all listener join the meeting , it will get error code 13215. 

"In order to resolve Error Code 13215, the host will need to upgrade to a paid account, or the person experiencing the error code will need to sign into a paid Zoom account and then join the meeting. "

Can you help me understand this sentence? I understood it as this: as long as one of the following conditions are met, the Error 13215 should be resolved:

Condition 1: the host upgrade to a paid account

Condition 2: the person experiencing the error code sign into a paid Zoom account and then join the meeting

I meet condition 1 by using a paid Pro Zoom account, but not condition 2. Many of my China participants do not have a registered Zoom account. The error 13215 is still there when they access my meetings.

OR you mean both conditions should be met?? But then I HAVE seen my same China participants ABLE to join others' Zoom meetings without difficulty. What's really going on?

Also, when you say "the host will need to upgrade to a paid account", which specific type of paid account do you mean, Pro, Business, ...? 

I am having this same issue...exactly! I was wondering if you have found every resolution?

I have use a paid account, but my clients cannot join in my meeting.

You mean to say that despite having paid for a full license, I am unable to host meetings for Chinese people who have not paid? 

I am curious why zoom has singled out Chinese users for this policy, users from other countries are still able to join with only a free account. 

My advice to others having this issue, try voov, and don't renew your zoom subscription. This kind of racial discrimination should not be supported. 

But I have upgraded to a licensed user, when I host a meeting, My client in China still have been unable to enter the meeting.How to to solve this issues?

As far as I know, only people from China get 13215, can you tell me why? I paid for ZOOM service, I deserve an explanation.

I paid the account 149.90 per year this professional account. But I can't still enter in the zoom meeting in China.

ZOOM is now completely ignoring us and not answering any questions regarding this matter. I submitted a refund request two weeks ago, but there has been no response or outcome so far. 

Do you know if this situation, can seek help from which government agency?

I have upgraded to a paid account, but it doesn't work.

Hi Virginia and community:  

I have a paid account in zoom US, but my invitees in China are still receiving error code 133215.  How do I check if it is a problem with Zoom's restriction on my account.  Where to go for help????

No one can help, because this is a restriction specifically targeted at participants from China by ZOOM. They must upgrade to a paid subscription in order to join the meeting, while participants from other regions do not need to.

中国付费用户,刚刚付费了,却不能加入会议,如何退款?

在这里,提交工单,要求退款。

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hello

I'm a paid account. Here is my account: ***********

However, my invitees are not able to access my meetings. Each time the number of my invitees is less than 4, and they all are unable to access the meeting.

The notice is "Unable to join the meeting due to restrictions based on host account limitation. Error code:13215"

please fix it, thanks.

hi, thanks for response, however we were not told when we purchase the account and now my current account is not usable as it is impossible that all my users in China are to upgrade to a licensed version of ZOOM. I am therefore requesting for a cancellation of my account and a full refund back to my bank account. Please confirm when it has been processed.

I am working for a company in HK and I have a licensed account as same as another colleague (Mr. Lee) in HK. However, colleagues in China could enter zoom rooms created by Mr. Lee but not my one. Please advise.

Yuanyuan_Fu
Listener

Yep, the same thing has happened to me, too. My students in certain region of China cannot join the meeting.

4amyforrest
Listener

Can anyone tell me if they have resolved this problem with the paid version for the person in China?  I have a paid version as the host already.  

I just checked with zoom recently, the users joining in China has to also have a paid account for it to work

Issue is still here. We are the paid user but china clients can't login, only works for north American users.