cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot integrate Zoom with Google Calendar

JWelch
Listener

My Zoom account used to be successful integrated with my Google Calendar so that my meeting were saved to Google Calendar. Recently, when scheduling a meeting I selected the option "All Calendars" rather than Google Calendar, and since then I haven't been able to go back to the option to have Zoom access my Google Calendar to record teh meeting invitations. I have gone through the steps Zoom recommends. I even tried removing access from Google so that I coudl then re-add access to Zoom, but that doesn't work. When I go to Zoom under my account and select, 

"Calendar and Contacts Integration," and go through the entire process of giving my google account access, it allows me to go through the entire process and then it says:

"Add failed, the calendar-related access permissions are not allowed" with no further explanation. If anyone has any ideas for me, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Are you a member of a larger account? It could be that admins have restricted use of calendar integrations. 

Beyond that, try scheduling a new meeting and select Google Calendar again from the options. The calendar integration should be separate from the the option at the end of scheduling to export to a calendar service. 

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Bort

Are you a member of a larger account? It could be that admins have restricted use of calendar integrations. 

Beyond that, try scheduling a new meeting and select Google Calendar again from the options. The calendar integration should be separate from the the option at the end of scheduling to export to a calendar service. 

Hi Bort,

Thank you for this solution. I appreciate your taking the time to reply. 

I am having the same problem, with the same error message.  I had it with two accounts, neither are a member of a larger account.  It started working in one of them, and I have no idea how I got it to work.  It still doesn't work for the other one.

I can create a meeting and choose Google Calendar when I use the web interface, but I can't get the calendar to work with the app.  I'm on MacOS Ventura.  When I get to the Google authorisation page, it says that Zoom already has one service enabled - to read and write from my calendar.

Bort - HELP! My calendar and zoom used to work perfectly and now it says "Add failed, the calendar-related access permissions are not allowed." I have a small business and this is a huge problem. Tried everything including uninstall and install but nothing. Thanks in advance. 

I have exactly the same issue.  Not sure what to do.  It works on my iPhone but not my Mac.  

I am having the same problem and I am not a member of a larger account. I tried your suggestion and schedule a meeting. For the Calendar I select Google and then click on Save. It takes me to a web page that says Choose an Account (I have multiple Google accounts, one personal and two business). When I click on the one I want, I get ...

Something went wrong

Sorry, something went wrong there. Try again.

I try again and it does the same thing...

I am on a Macbook Pro Ventura 13.1

Sorry to hear.  Not sure what to suggest.

I am also having issues with scheduling things on my iPhone (which previously was a good workaround) but now - things take ages to show up on gmail or ical and so I don't know if I am double booked or not half the time.....

Good luck with your attempt to fix things!

Sorry, no I'm not a member of a larger account.  And this doesn't work at all either on my desktop or my iPhone.  In fact, on my iPhone I get into an infinite loop with no error; it just goes to start of calendar integration again.  Very disappointing 

I have just set up zoom, tried to add my Google calendar and got the same message as above.  I set up a meeting from and selected to set up from Google, and this worked.  I could access the meeting and the app opened.  When I ended the meeting, I had no calendar in my Zoom app.  Tried adding again, and same error.

ArnaudBrazil
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hello,
i'm having the same problem, the integration of my google calendar with zoom is working only in one way...from google to zoom, but i need to make it works from zoom to google.
unfortunatly it's not bidirectionale as it says..
how to do?
I'm a member of a larger account, how the admins can remove  restrictions of use of calendar integrations?

Scheduling a meeting from Zoom worked, thanks Bort. For some reason, it was set to sync with Outlook, maybe that was the problem?

EmmaLouise
Listener

Hi there, I am having a similar problem.  I have an iphone, and my zoom app wont add meeting info to my google calendar.  When I click on "add a calendar", it just says add failed. My google calendar wont even show up when I try to select it when scheduling. 

If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful 🙂

danamk
Listener

same thing happened to me with the recent upgrade. I tried everything including using chat with ZOOM. they will not talk to you if you have a PRO account; you can only chat with tech support with a 2000/year subscription! 

Hi everyone, I encountered the same issue. 

Try opening your Google calendar on a new tab before adding the calendar. This solution worked for me, hope it will as well with you. 

Best!

mfc
Listener

Has anyone figured this out. All of a sudden, zoom is not connecting with my Google calendar even though it's saying it has "some" access. But when I try to reconnect, it says "Add failed, the calendar-related access permissions are not allowed." I've been at this for hours.

I found a temp fix; when I set up a new zoom call I manually select my ical or google cal  - each time. you have  scroll to the bottom of the zoom set up page.  still doesn't let me invite people like it used to. Now I have to select the calendar and them from the calendar send the invite. Three steps.

RBSHNH
Listener

I think I've found the work around - create the event in Google calendar, and from there add the Zoom meeting. I'd been trying to schedule recurring  meetings, getting same error messages as above (also starting a few days after OS update). 

MSKK
Listener

Yeah, I did the same. It still is a little 'unstable' as it depends on which platform I use - eg desktop to phone etc - and each warrants different results.  Frustrating and annoying...

Thanks for the update though and good luck!

cmariec
Listener

I'm having the same problem as mfc, and can't find a workaround....

It's super annoying I know. So i found out that it's your Google calendar settings that blocks others from being able to add the Cal invite to theirs. So you have to go into each cal invite and change visibility to Public or make your entire calendar public (I would not suggest this). Here's more info: https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/34580?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop

JudiG
Listener

Thank you for the additional info. Much more informative that the BS from Zoom. This is one reason I stick to using Google Meet 

keiseanraines
Listener

I'm unable to install the Zoom integration for Google Workspace. I've gone through the simple processes several times, and after selecting 'Accept' on the "Zoom for G Suite" permissions page, it re-routes me back to the Google Workspace Marketplace without completing the install.  I've done this successfully with other Google Workspace accounts. Not sure why it is not working here. 

Shazmeister
Listener

I am having the same problem, I used to be able to add the zoom invite directly to google calendar and invite people from there, now it is only showing my icalendar, but when I have tried to add the google calendar on the zoom webpage it says it is already added. This is very frustrating as it is my business calendar, and I’m having to do this in extra stages which is using up my time on something which used to work perfectly beforehand. Anyone know if Zoom are looking into this malfunction?

cmariec
Listener

This happens to me sometimes when I update zoom, and if I just scroll down to the bottom of the "schedule meeting" screen when I am scheduling a new meeting, the calendar options are there. After I choose google calendar option, it seems to remember it for future meetings. Hope this helps

jppazsoldan
Listener

This did not work for me, nor did other suggestions below. But the following solution did:

(provided by  RBSHNH on Jan 2023)

1) "Create a Zoom event in the Google Calendar. In Zoom, the error message will still be there, so ...

2) In Zoom, try (once again) to give permissions to Google Calendar. SUCCESS!

Before, I could create a Google Calendar meeting within Zoom (as Bort suggested) but that did not remove the error message (something about an "Oth token expired").