cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t install 5.7 on iPad running IOS 10.3.3 anymore

JimNuckolls
Listener

I had Zoom 5.7.4 installed on my iPad 4 (IOS 10.3.3). I reset it to give to my sister-in-law. I attempted to reinstall Zoom (now 5.7.5) and now it says I can’t install it because it requires IOS 11 or later! What’s the deal here? Apple won’t upgrade beyond IOS 10.3.3 on the iPad 4 and now I am between a rock & a hard place!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JimNuckolls
Listener

Here is one for the books as far as I am concerned! On the 18th of August, I attempted to install Zoom Cloud Meetings and it said that I couldn’t install because it required iOS 11 or greater. For some unknown reason, I decided to try and install it again. It installed without any problems!!!

I have never trusted Apple or Microsoft and my history with them goes back to the inception of both companies. In this case, I don’t trust Apple’s App Store hosting. Something changed between the 18th and now! I received what I needed so I consider this case closed!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @JimNuckolls, according to Apples' Forum and Diana.McCall, "The last update for iPad 4 is iOS 10.3.3. Your device cannot physically run iOS 11, which requires a 64-bit processor.", you can look more into that thread hereHowever, installing an older version of Zoom on your iPad isn't the best practice, in my opinion...

I'm sure there are external resources out there as to how to do it, but we don't have any official documentation on revering back Zoom versions. Because Zoom releases updates on a regular basis, we recommend staying up to date to take advantage of fixes, new features, and security enhancements. However, in your case, your iPad cannot update past iOS 10.3.3 and will need to update your device or OS.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

JimNuckolls
Listener

My needs are simple - join a meeting, be able to raise and lower your hand. That’s it. I don’t need any of the fancy stuff. If that means Version 5.7.4, then so be it! I just need to be able to reinstall it!

JimNuckolls
Listener

Here is one for the books as far as I am concerned! On the 18th of August, I attempted to install Zoom Cloud Meetings and it said that I couldn’t install because it required iOS 11 or greater. For some unknown reason, I decided to try and install it again. It installed without any problems!!!

I have never trusted Apple or Microsoft and my history with them goes back to the inception of both companies. In this case, I don’t trust Apple’s App Store hosting. Something changed between the 18th and now! I received what I needed so I consider this case closed!

Wow! @JimNuckolls, interesting finds and thank you for your feedback! As I personally don't have an iOS device running 10.3.3 so I was unable to duplicate your problem. Thank you for finding this, I suggested your solution to this post here as they were experiencing the same issue. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Assis
Listener

Same problem here and same result. Magically became available again for iOS 10.3.3
https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/zoom-for-ipad-4-ios-10/m-p/4345