cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera on mobile phone automatically uses wide angle instead of normal one

Zutu554
Listener
Hi, for about 2-3 weeks now, the mobile phone camera in the zoom app of one of my clients has been displayed in a kind of wide-angle setting, which makes working together very difficult. Unfortunately, we have not yet been able to find out what this new setting could be caused by. He continues to use the same mobile phone and has not updated the Zoom app either. There are also no options on the mobile app to change the camera. Has anyone had similar experiences and know how to get back to the original setting? So far, this has only happened with this particular client.
5 REPLIES 5

Zutu554
Listener

Has anyone any ideas on this topic?

Before and after:

Snehi
Listener

Hi, yes I'm facing the same issue and it's getting impossible to work with the wide angle on my phone. When I contacted Zoom support they mentioned it's cause of the phone software update. I use an Android phone. So Zoom said if I can downgrade my software but that is also not possible. So even i'm stuck with this new wide angle camera feature on Zoom.

Thank you for your answer - I have though of it as well. Did they mention to add ad force specific ration option in future versions of the app?

Hi Snehi

Did you get this fixed? I have the same issue with the wide-angle on my iPhone. 

LindiS
Listener

Hi Zutu554

Did you ever get a resolution for this? I have the same issue.