cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera flickering

CHP
Listener

My camera in zoom (no other apps) flickers constantly. It will stop briefly if I turn my camera off, but always starts again. This only started once I installed the new beta version. 
Ive unintalled and reinstalled zoom. I’ve also check my computer (MSI) settings. Neither have worked. 

9 REPLIES 9

Jameswalter
Participant

Adjust the Refresh Rate Using External Webcam Software. 
Adjust the Flicker from Windows Camera Settings. 
Adjust the Refresh Rate from the Video Call Application.

Regards,
James

Pete_at_Bodsey
Listener

The same has happened to me. I have been using Zoom for several years and this started happening about 10 days ago. It has also happened to one of my trainees in the last week. It is not the camera.

Pete_at_Bodsey
Listener

I have clicked on video icon during a zoom meeting and gone to "settings" then "advanced" and turned "optimise video quality with de-noise" off and this has worked

Thanks Pete, we will try this too.

Definitely it is not a camera problem, but a Zoom problem, as you have experienced.

Both my husband and I have been hosting Zoom meetings, attended zoom meetings for many many times.

Yesterday we both experienced the flickering showing other participants flashing by. Mine stabilized after going out of zoom and logging back in. My husband's stayed stable for half a minute and then his frame flickered  fractions of a second in many colours. No fun.

Seriously, it would be too coincidental that both our cameras suddenly croaked. So thank you for the solution. I hope it will work for us too!

Ellen in Canada 🙂

Richelle
Listener

Mine updated yesterday and has been doing the same since the update.  It is extremely annoying.  How do I uninstall the update?  Or could Zoom please fix the problem seeing as it was the update that started it.  

Problem will be solved with this:

Click on camera / video icon during a zoom meeting and go to "settings" then "advanced" and turn "optimise video quality with de-noise" OFF. (Take check mark away)
this worked 3 times now 
Ellen

That didn’t work. The problem started with the update to Zoom 5.17.10, please suggest a different fix. Thanks!

Richard03
Listener

Under the video settings, I checked the “HD” Box and the flickering, STOPPED IMMEDIATELY!

I’d send you a screenshot that we’re not allowed to drop a video or a picture into the comments.

if you’re not sure where the box or you can check “HD” is found, it’s between the two checkboxes. The one on the left of it is” original ratio”, the one to the right of it is a checkbox labeled “mirror my video.

thanked you so much , this worked for me.