cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio issues

Kiho
Listener

My microphone work fine on other apps however on zoom it shows that theres no input audio and doesnt recognize my input decive. It was working fine for a year but i just uodated my zoom and it stopped working

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Kiho, within your Zoom Desktop Client Audio settings, try setting both your speaker and microphone to 'same as system'. 

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 12.32.44 PM.png

If you do not have this option ensure that you've given permissions Microphone permissions to Zoom (if on macOS), you can look into this KB article, Using the Zoom client and Zoom Rooms with macOS

If on windows, you can look into your privacy settings if you haven't already or if this was changed:

1. Open the Settings app and go to Privacy
  2. Scroll down to App permission, select Microphone
  3. Go to Allow desktop apps to access your microphone

I hope this information is useful!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Kiho, within your Zoom Desktop Client Audio settings, try setting both your speaker and microphone to 'same as system'. 

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 12.32.44 PM.png

If you do not have this option ensure that you've given permissions Microphone permissions to Zoom (if on macOS), you can look into this KB article, Using the Zoom client and Zoom Rooms with macOS

If on windows, you can look into your privacy settings if you haven't already or if this was changed:

1. Open the Settings app and go to Privacy
  2. Scroll down to App permission, select Microphone
  3. Go to Allow desktop apps to access your microphone

I hope this information is useful!

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

im not sure why but i tried everything and it doesnt work for only zoom but it works for every other app. ive tried to use another pair of headphones however when i use those i can hear others and speak but sounds from other apps dont come through at all

I just recently had the same problem and have tried all of the suggested fixes but no success.

Hi,  None of the suggestions worked for me.  I changed all the settings, I uninstalled and reinstalled.  The mic works fine on google meets so its not my computer.  Someone suggested I get an external mic.  I thought it was ridiculous but I was desperate.  It works!!!!  Its been years now and whenever I have a zoom meeting I plug in the external mic.  When using google meets I unplug it cuz I don't need it.  I got a cheap mic at Best Buy $30 delivered and done!!!!!  Good luck!

I can't hear others and they can't hear me.   This just started last week.  speakers and microphone work on other apps.  Permissions are given for zoom to use microphone.  I have i=uninstalled and reinstalled zoom.  I also do not get the option to join with computer audio when I join a meeting and on the audio settings I don;t have option to test speakers or microphone.  Using chromebook 

ErickT
Listener

That's happening for iPad devices as well, it's something with the new update. 

glo1
Listener

I have the same problem, new laptop therefore new app, Teams works but not Zoom. have tried everything for hours!

peaceriver20
Listener

My audio works in everything except zoom. I tried setting the audio and mike to the system settings but it did not correct the problem. I have been using zoom for over a year and I have not had a problem until today.  I would appreciate any  help

Hey @Kiho @glo1 @ErickT, I would try to uninstall Zoom https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-How-to-uninstall-Zoom and reinstalling from zoom.us/download.

I would also double-check if you have any available operating system updates if so, I'd advise you to update as well! 

You can also double-check any audio drivers or uninstall/reinstall any audio drivers and any permissions that maybe not grant access to use your microphone or speaker on Zoom. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@ErickT for your iPad situation I would uninstall/reinstall from the App store and ensure the Bluetooth device is compatible. For example, I am able to use my AirPods with my iPhone, and depending on the manufacturer I'd check with the compatibility of your input device. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

the  uninstall and then reinstall worked for me.  thank you

I have the same problem.  No one can hear me.  I am not muted.  I tried all the suggestions listed.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled.  Same problem.  It used to work just fine up until a couple of weeks ago.  HELP!!  I have spent so many hours on this.  

e1
Listener

I`ve the same problem 

Tried everything from un- and reinstall to driver update for my microphone but nothing helps

So has somebody an idea for me? I need zoom for my study so its a really bad situation

I also have tried all the above solutions and nothing works - but it's just on one computer (ASUS Vivobook). My Lenovo laptop is fine - they're both about 6 months old, running Windows 10.

Hi @e1 and @JillyPossum mind sending over a screenshot of the available inputs? Couple more questions, but is the microphone you use defaulted within the Windows settings as well? Have you given it access to Zoom? When testing your microphone, are there any levels of input coming through?

Check some of those areas I questioned above and let me know if you were able to find anything? You could also try to uninstall/uninstall Zoom, Update Windows, or uninstall Zoom -> rebooting -> reinstalling Zoom. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

same issue for me i try to reinstall, to update the drivers, double check the autorisation on apps, it was working until yesterday even if i sometimes had to perform the test before it worked but now i systematicaly have the message that it failed to detect my mic and speakers. I perform the test i hear myself and after one second same message again.  I also contacted the assistance hope that you can help me 

r u on windows or mac? cus if ur on windows, right click the windows icon in bottom left. click device manager and go to audio inputs and outputs and the audio u want to use might be disabled for some reason. thats how i fixed my problem

sarahsand
Listener

thanks this doesn´t work for me

Rosweddswsdfg
Listener

Guys if it still doesn't work, on the bottom left of ur screen click "Open Volume Mixer" The zoom volume might be off, you just click on the mic icon and adjust the volume and it will work.