cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't see the Zoom admin panel in the web portal

YW
Listener

Hi everyone,

I need some help with the Zoom admin panel. We have a main account to manage several other paid accounts. I'm trying to create an API key for one of these Zoom accounts but it's giving me the following message: "Developer privilege is required. Please contact your account admin".

In tutorials online I see that you can change the account privileges in the admin panel of the main account (as you can see in this screenshot that I found on internet). However, I can not find this admin panel. It's simply not showing up. Why is the admin panel not showing up? Is there another way to change these privelege settings?

Thanks in advance,
Best,
YW

5 REPLIES 5

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @YW, the Admin with the privileges to Manage the Roles (Role Management) would need to into the Role Settings > Advanced Features > Zoom for developers and edit the permissions to the Role to allow them to view and edit the following: 

• JWT
  • OAuth
  • ChatBot
  • SDK
  • WebHook

After the Admin has configured the settings to the Role you or others are assigned to should be able to have the permission to create. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Moya1
Listener

Hi @RN . Can I ask about this issue please? I am the sole owner/user/admin of my zoom account but no admin panel is showing below my profile. How can I resolve this please? I keep getting notices to contact my IT admin but that's me!!!!

Many thanks.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Moya1 welcome to the community! Suggest looking into the KB article on Receiving "Please contact your IT team to update your app" message under the section, "How to resolve this error if your device is not managed by an organization" and let me know if the suggested troubleshooting steps help! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Moya1
Listener

Thanks for your reply @RN . I had uninstalled and reinstalled Zoom as suggested and I'm now able to access meetings again. But there still is no admin panel below my profile. My device has never been managed by an organisation. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Moya1 I'm glad that uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom you were able to re-access your meetings again. 

The Zoom Web Portal, as opposed to the Zoom Desktop Client, is where the Admin portion is managed. You can access the Admin section of your Account at https://zoom.us/account, which contains information about your entire Account, rather than the profile level information at https://zoom.us/profile.

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his