cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to allow Webinar Attendees open cameras

Theologos
Listener

Hello dear All,

In my webinars, I only see a sea of black screens and I want to change that into being able to see my participants' / attendees' faces.

Chat support/ Agent didn't help me because they told me to go to Account Settings - meetings and turn video on for meetings NOT Webinars!!!

Tried to schedule a New Webinar after the change in settings but nothing changed. The video option exists only for hosts and panelists! 

I Just Want To See My Attendees!

It surely can't be that difficult!

Please HELP!!!

Any Help will be Much appreciated,

Thank you in advance,

Vicky

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Perhaps you don't mean attendees? 

There are multiple roles available for a webinar: host, cohost, panelist, and attendees. The role that you have in the webinar will be designated by the host.

The host of the webinar is the user who the webinar is scheduled under. They have full permissions to manage the webinar, panelists, and attendees. There can only be one host of a webinar. The host can do things like stop and start the webinar, mute panelists, stop panelists' video, remove attendees from the webinar, and more.

Co-hosts share many of the controls that hosts have, allowing the co-host to manage the administrative side of the webinar, such as managing attendees or starting/stopping the recording. The host must assign a co-host. Co-hosts cannot start a webinar. If a host needs someone else to be able to start the webinar, they can assign an alternative host.

Panelists are full participants in a webinar. They can view and send video, screen share, annotate, etc. You must be assigned panelist permissions by the webinar host. The host can also disable some features for panelists, including starting video, sharing your screen, and recording. Learn how to add and invite panelists as a webinar host.

Attendees are view-only participants who can be unmuted if the host chooses. Their view of the webinar is controlled by the host. They can interact with the host and the panelists through the Q&A and the chat. Learn about joining a webinar as an attendee.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Theologos thank you for posting in the Zoom Community!

As of now, only hosts and panelists can share their videos in a webinar. You can, however, host a meeting that would allow for all participants to be seen. This Virtual Events Guide can provide you further insight into the capabilities and features available in Zoom Meetings, Zoom Webinars, and Zoom Events.

I hope this helps!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Dear @CarlaA thank you for your response.

I have recently read this paragraph:

"

Can The Host See You In A Zoom Webinar

Yes, the host can see you in a zoom webinar. The host has the option to enable video for all participants, which would allow the host to see you. Alternatively, the host could ask you to turn on your video during the webinar.

The meeting tab can be accessed by tapping it.
Select the Default Meeting Options option.
Meeting IDs are generated by entering the meeting ID in the Meeting ID field.
Before the beginning of the session, make sure the participants’ microphones and video are turned on.
You can then save your saved items.
If you are participating in a Zoom webinar, the microphone and video will be disabled unless the host grants you permission. However, you can participate in the chat by asking questions or sending messages to the host or guests, as well as see and hear the guests and panelists. Participants’ microphones and video can also be turned off and on, as well as on. You can select the default meeting settings when you join future meetings by following these steps.
Zoom can be accessed via your desktop by launching it.

"

at the following Link: https://openr.co/how-to-give-panelists-more-control-in-your-zoom-webinar/

Is it really not possible to allow attendees to turn on their cameras and see them during a webinar? 
Because according to the above it says it is possible!

Otherwise, what Meetings lacks for me is that there are no emails sent prior or after as it happens in the Webinars' case!

Hello @CarlaA., Thank you, I have seen many customers (including myself) ask for this feature for years now, specifically, allowing the webinar host to right click and ask (not force) a webinar attendee to share their video.  The attendee can always decline, just like they can decline now for asking to share their audio as an attendee. I don't think is a big ask of Zoom for this option when attendees could decline to share when they raise their hand in a webinar.  You could also have a user setting to auto decline being asked to share. Can we submit this enhancement suggestion somewhere?

Frank_TB

Hello,

That article you reference is wrong. Please read this official Zoom documentation. 

Meetings and webinars comparison

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0062404 

Regards

Regards

Theologos
Listener

Ok thank you so much.

I have a question though. I have participated in webinars of known personal development coaches and I have been able to see the participants' faces. How was this possible then?

Frank_TB

Hello,

Perhaps you don't mean attendees? 

There are multiple roles available for a webinar: host, cohost, panelist, and attendees. The role that you have in the webinar will be designated by the host.

The host of the webinar is the user who the webinar is scheduled under. They have full permissions to manage the webinar, panelists, and attendees. There can only be one host of a webinar. The host can do things like stop and start the webinar, mute panelists, stop panelists' video, remove attendees from the webinar, and more.

Co-hosts share many of the controls that hosts have, allowing the co-host to manage the administrative side of the webinar, such as managing attendees or starting/stopping the recording. The host must assign a co-host. Co-hosts cannot start a webinar. If a host needs someone else to be able to start the webinar, they can assign an alternative host.

Panelists are full participants in a webinar. They can view and send video, screen share, annotate, etc. You must be assigned panelist permissions by the webinar host. The host can also disable some features for panelists, including starting video, sharing your screen, and recording. Learn how to add and invite panelists as a webinar host.

Attendees are view-only participants who can be unmuted if the host chooses. Their view of the webinar is controlled by the host. They can interact with the host and the panelists through the Q&A and the chat. Learn about joining a webinar as an attendee.

Regards