cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to assign lisence because " You have exceeded the limit of license assignment for your accoun

bravosnk
Participant

i dont understand why, i cannot assign my license, 

i can unassign, but after that i cannot assign again, 

is there something wrong?

my license is still more then 10, but i cannot assign to mw account, 

now, i cannot assign the license, and all my account turn to basic, 

and zoom want me to buy more lisence for me to can assign? 

im still missing the point here,limit 3.PNG

50 REPLIES 50

jedidiahlee88
Listener

I am having the same problem.  Now I got an unassigned license...

I purchased the scheduler feature and i have a pro account and I am unable to access it because it states 'unable to assign a license - need admin to assign it.  I am the only one on the account. Can anyone help? Zoom has terrible service

bravosnk
Participant

so any zoom representative answer? how is the policy/ what change, is it relate to update of you aggrement, or this is just a glich? do i have to buy another license? and if i accidentally un assign , then i have to buy again? can you please give us information,  in this account i only have 1, i try to unassign and assign, after 5 try, i got the error the limit again, why is this? 

jedidiahlee88
Listener

Help please Zoom, the assignment of licenses has been working for months before this.

bravosnk
Participant

new zoom error.PNG

hello Zoom I Just Buy this, and i cannot assign license, is there anyone having the same problem? or is there anyone still use zoom? do you guys have alternative? already cancel my billing but its already deduct for 1 month, and now, i cant use this, only 1 license, and also on my other office administrator account, im an IT  and also managed other people office, if they mistake making meeting, or use the old meeting id which the user already not working, 
have you guys having the same problem,? 
any other online meeting, beside zoom, meet,and teams? 

bravosnk
Participant

any news about this? 

what happen to zoom,? 

why so much change since oktober 2023, 

no reset, no change, imagine if you have 200 license, and accidentally unassigned, and you have to buy 200 more, but, if u accidentally unassigned again, u have to buy again,  

bravosnk
Participant

helo admin, my license stuck, how do i get refund

bramdfd
Listener

ok, im having a problem here, i buy addon for 500participant and 1000 participan, and cannot assign,......... soo do you want me to buy another license? i just want to upgrade? why so hard?

fend
Listener

Hello Zoom !!! if effected our business. 

furkankocak19
Listener

Adsız.pngI haven't been able to study for several days. Please fix the problem as soon as possible.

DS84
Listener

We encounter same problem.
Today I wasn’t able to assign licenses, and have contradicted messages on user management page:

• You have licenses still available to users. Assign license to users or manage your license count.
  • You have exceeded the limit of license assignment for your account. Buy more licenses to increase the limit.

There is limit on how many times I can reassign license? I cannot find such information in documentation.

Same here, I got an answer today: "You could still use the unassigned license. However, if you ask me when it could be used, I can't provide an exact day or time for it since it will be predetermined by our engineers."

But this is just an abuse of power. I mean, none of us were notified about what was going to happen, and in the terms of service, there is no limitation regarding the number of times that we can reassign licenses.

bravosnk
Participant

the available solution is pay, zoom want us to pay more for the license to work, admin,CS, no one is helping to reset it, they just leave it that way, maybe because zoom thinks they big,

" u want to use it, Pay, if not, find other"

and after you buy 1 more, still you only get 2 or 3 chance to assign, 

and you have to buy again, so if now u have 10 license, u net to buy 10 more for you to place your original license,

i try it on my second admin as i manage other company IT ,

they have 20 license, because employee come and go, have to deleted their zoom Email,

but after 2 Add NEW EMAIL USER/ assign  i got stuck again, and now i have 5 livcense thats not active and they dont GIVE US REFUND, and they block all of it, ASSIGN/ ADD USER

bravosnk
Participant

suck.PNG

cannot add new, 

LK_EXN
Attendee | Zoom Partner
Attendee | Zoom Partner

This is community forum... You shouldn't expect Zoom team to help you here. For such cases I think it would be the best to open a ticket at Zoom.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new 

themisuzem
Listener

Aynı problemle karşılaşıyoruz. 
"Kullanmak istiyorsan Öde yoksa başka bul" 

veronika_greb
Listener

This is what I got from the support

Thanks for contacting Zoom Support!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with re-assigning Zoom One or Zoom Meeting licenses. Sharing meeting licenses among multiple users is a violation of Zoom’s Terms of Service.

Per section 1.2 Prohibition on Sharing: You may not share an account, Host rights, or any other user rights with any other individual, unless otherwise expressly pre-approved by Zoom in writing. You may not share any login credentials or passwords regarding the foregoing with any other individual. You acknowledge that sharing of any such rights is strictly prohibited. Your right to use or access the Services and Software is personal to you and not assignable or transferable. You may not assign or transfer any account, Host rights, or any other user rights with any other individual, except upon (i) an individual termination of employment or relationship with their employer, as applicable, or (ii) Zoom’s prior express written approval.

If your use of Zoom services requires additional licenses to comply with Zoom's single-user-per-license requirement, you can visit your Billing page on the Zoom web portal to purchase additional licenses.

For more information, please refer to Zoom error code: “exceeded the limit of license assignment

If you have any questions, please let me know.

I'm in the same case, and they're misreading the terms. That "1.2 prohibition on sharing" refers to Account Information Sharing, nothing to do with multiple license assignments.

Let's have a closer look: "You may not assign or transfer any account, Host rights, or any other user rights". It's refering to account-level rights, not licenses.

I've submitted a ticket calling for this, let's see what they reply.

Hello,
There is no statement in the Terms of Service regarding "sharing licenses among users" as being a violation. Actually, in the "Assigning Zoom licenses" article, there's no mention about this limitation. Although many support staff are pointing to the "1.2 Prohibition on Sharing" section, there's no clue in there.

If one takes a look to the Terms of Service, what can be read is the following: "1.2 Prohibition on Sharing. You may not share an account, Host rights, or any other user rights". So, as the title of the 1.2 section states "1. ACCOUNT INFORMATION; SHARING", the prohibition is related to account level rights. That'd be sharing your user and password with other individuals so they can use your account - and its account/host/user rights. That's not what I'm doing, is it?

And, just to bring light to the matter, can you point out where in the Terms of Service states that assigning a license is a user right? No, you can't. Because rights are things like: ownership, privacy, consent, termination, withdrawal, etc.

Now, let me give you an example so you can see how the license assignment limitation makes no sense: Imagine I have a company of 5 people. I've got the 5 of them in my user list - after the invitation and all. Then, I have 5 annual licenses assigned to each of the users and no available assignments left. Now, one of the users leaves the company, I delete it from my user list and add another user. Now, I've got 1 available annual license which I can't assign to the new user because I have no assignments left. And the only solution is to purchase another annual license? Then I'll end up with an extra annual license that I don't need.

Another hilarious example is that even the owner of the paid account can't assign an available license to himself if the license assignment count has been exceeded. It is clear that this new "assignment count" has been rushed to the public without explanation, warning or notification.

Hope you can scalate this topic, since it's raising concerns about Zoom violating user rights in the community

furkankocak19
Listener

I have assigned and canceled the license, I cannot reassign. Emergency aid

jedidiahlee88
Listener

I mean if they do not allow us to assign license to different people within a group, why do they have a functionality that allows us to assign license to users within the same group, does the existence of such a functionality mean that Zoom not only pre-approve this in writing, Zoom also approve this by design?  And why change now?  I have been paying for subscription with zoom for years now, it has been working fine till now until this change, and this functionality was the reason why I chose to subscribe with Zoom initially instead of the other video conferencing providers.  The worst thing is that now I have unassigned the license, I cannot reassign it to anyone in the group.  We use this for a small team, in most of the meetings, the core people are the same, but we assign the role of coordinating the meetings to different people within the team and the assignment feature in Zoom allowed us to do this.  Effectively, I have purchased a license and cannot use it.

bramdfd
Listener

have any of you already have new payment? because i have 20 license, and i already reached max, i dont want to buy more license, and, now near my monthly payment date,  is there a reset? or you just block for assign your license after the monthly payment? is this going to be on zoom? want us to pay more just for assign license? is the support from zoom, cannot help with the reset on the first payment? have anyone try this?

bramdfd
Listener

have any of you already have new payment? because i have 20 license, and i already reached max, i dont want to buy more license, and, now near my monthly payment date,  is there a reset? or you just block for assign your license after the monthly payment? is this going to be on zoom? want us to pay more just for assign license? is the support from zoom, cannot help with the reset on the first payment? have anyone try this?

veronika_greb
Listener

So they escalated my ticket and this is what I got

"Good day! I got an update from our Backend Team and they confirmed that this policy was put into place to limit this type of activity. The course of action is to purchase additional licenses for your account."

I purchased one more license, it worked for couple of hours and then I got the same note.

Looks like it's time to switch to something else...

DS84
Listener

Maybe it will be helpful to someone:
By purchasing 1 additional license you have 4 license assignments.  You can use it on locked licenses too.
So, if you have 3 locked licenses and purchase one additional - you can assign all of them (one time only). 

bramdfd
Listener

you buy it more license, okay, but, if you only have 3 or so, its still managable, but, this account i have 20, do i have to buy again /?? thats is so SCAM, and, when are they going to release the Locked? on my next billing? because, after they billed me, it seem i m still locke, imagine if you have 20 license locked, after new subscrition??? you buy one more? so now 21? i think it will charge you 20 more license for you to assign old license, and the good news is, you pay 40 license, yeah.... good luck with assigning license, 

WebmasterLDH
Listener

Me pasa lo mismo.
Ni siquiera me deja asignar la licencia al usuario principal de la cuenta.

bramdfd
Listener

this is really a SCAM, mw former billing is 20 license, and already exceed limit, because the people in my organization come and go, so this month, just buy 16, and, suddenly all my account is unassign, 

contact the CS, not very Helpfull, ok, try buy 1 more, still cannot assign, 

try buy 2 more, still cannot assign, 

until i have 25 license, then i can assign, now, if i buy an addon i cannot assign? the CS not helping, the enginering is also not helping, the billing cannot refund, 

what to? i dont know? still use zoom? i dont know, 

i will tell my story in youtube, and hope, others perople dont get scam like i did, 

this is sad, realy sad, 

25 license, just to assign 16 license in my own email 

im buying this service, but i cannot use it? 

which law is zoom apply to? US? 

mireiacc
Listener

Since Support staff are just copy/pasting the same answer to the topic, I'm going to share with you my response so you can also copy/paste it.

Hello,
There is no statement in the Terms of Service regarding "sharing licenses among users" as being a violation. Actually, in the "Assigning Zoom licenses" article, there's no mention about this limitation. Although many support staff are pointing to the "1.2 Prohibition on Sharing" section, there's no clue in there.

If one takes a look to the Terms of Service, what can be read is the following: "1.2 Prohibition on Sharing. You may not share an account, Host rights, or any other user rights". So, as the title of the 1.2 section states "1. ACCOUNT INFORMATION; SHARING", the prohibition is related to account level rights. That'd be sharing your user and password with other individuals so they can use your account - and its account/host/user rights. That's not what I'm doing, is it?

And, just to bring light to the matter, can you point out where in the Terms of Service states that assigning a license is a user right? No, you can't. Because rights are things like: ownership, privacy, consent, termination, withdrawal, etc.

Now, let me give you an example so you can see how the license assignment limitation makes no sense: Imagine I have a company of 5 people. I've got the 5 of them in my user list - after the invitation and all. Then, I have 5 annual licenses assigned to each of the users and no available assignments left. Now, one of the users leaves the company, I delete it from my user list and add another user. Now, I've got 1 available annual license which I can't assign to the new user because I have no assignments left. And the only solution is to purchase another annual license? Then I'll end up with an extra annual license that I don't need.

Another hilarious example is that even the owner of the paid account can't assign an available license to himself if the license assignment count has been exceeded. It is clear that this new "assignment count" has been rushed to the public without explanation, warning or notification.

Hope you can scalate this topic, since it's raising concerns about Zoom violating user rights in the community.

bramdfd
Listener

Well the fact is, using zoom is not to make your life easy, in my case i have exeded my billing bussines for more than 60%, when i assign license i have to but more, 

And this rules "assignment count" Dont have a reset time, 

I already try for new billing monthly and the count is not reset, soo 

And this is also not the most important, 

If you BUY ADD ON 1000 pax, Webinar, you can say Goodbye to YOUR Money, 

Because they dont have a SOLUTION! !!! 

Addon is also COUNT Assign

Is that make sense? 

Ayllucomunidad
Listener

Zoom is doing everything wrong. First, the article Zoom is referring to is about sharing an account, not sharing a license between users. So the interpretation of the rule is up to Zoom, and as users, we cannot complain. Second, many of us have one license to use for our work team, and Zoom made a unilateral decision. Third, if they apply their own rule, it's a misinterpretation, as they have the feature to change the assigned license to others.

The consequences are as follows:

Owners of Pro licenses are hijacked until we pay for another account.

We were victims of an authoritarian regime of a company who acts as the judge and the party.

We have no right to complain.

We didn't receive warnings or any indication of the decision.

We paid for something, but it was illegally denied.

As for how to solve this, I have no ideas at the moment

I already made a similar comment:

Since Support staff are just copy/pasting the same answer to the topic, I'm going to share with you my response so you can also copy/paste it.

Hello,

Hope you can scalate this topic, since it's raising concerns about Zoom violating user rights in the community.

As for how to solve:

- Short term: buy an extra license (of the same kind you already have) to earn 4 new license assignments (credits to @DS84).
- Mid term: Open a ticket and paste the complain that I provided

- Long term: https://explore.zoom.us/en/terms/ Section 27 DISPUTE RESOLUTION, ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. It seems that we have to individually ask for an "Informal Dispute Resolution"

bramdfd
Listener

that doesnt work, 

my old billing i have to purchaces 20 license, and now my new billing i have to purchase 25 license, evn i already cancel the subcription, the limit STUCK, so if you already limit by 4, even if you only use 3, the next billing they will charge you for assigning license again with 1 or 2 more you have to buy,

this is after i pay them, cannot assign

16 license.PNG

Inkedzoom in 25 licenseiiiiiiii.jpg

Screenshot (243).jpg

as you guys see, i pay that today, 

and cannot assign,and i have to buy until 25 , to make my license assign, 

so , are you guys going to support zoom about this terms? 

1. they dont have a RESET after your new purchase,( if before you already get assign limit, the the nex month you have to buy TWICE your account for you to assign ) its FACT,  today it happen

2. NO CS, is Helping YOU,  they cannot help you assign your license, also a FACT

3. AFTER BEING "ESCALATED" still no NEWS??

4. REFUND????? Is there ANYONE Success with REFUND?

Well, at least the support staff has given you a satisfactory answer. Now just wait. I know it's frustrating, but we'll have to wait and find free alternatives until the problem is solved.

i dont think thats a satisfactory answer, that is my conclusion, because they cant do anything to help me assign my new license, 

i meant, its fine, if they want to strick, want to limit, if thats how they want to do bussines, 

but, if i got new billing, and pay for 16, and i am still  cannot assign to my account how they justified that? thats not right is it? 

if you buy 6 pair a shoe, and you want to use 1 shoe, you have to buy 4more shoe? its that logical?

if they dont want us to assign, why not make like microsoft for assigning , thats more reasuring, instead of this,

zarian
Listener

My company is running into the exact same issue

1. We have seats available, we cannot assign

2. When we remove seats, we cannot even re-assign

Why does it say maximum seats reached when i have some available?

mcaggiani64
Listener

Me pasó lo mismo cuando desasigné mis licencias. Debí comprar dos licencias nuevas y pude asignar. Ayer me volvió a pasar y por lo que veo de todas estas experiencias es:

1. Tengo que volver a comprar una licencia para habilitar la reasignación al menos una vez.

2. Voy a ir procesando mi desvinculación con zoom pasando gradualmente a otra plataforma, pues un proveedor que cambiar las reglas de este modo ya deja de ser confiable.

La justificación que dan es que las licencias no se pueden compartir, por lo que una vez asignas una licencia a alguien, ya no deberías compartirla con nadie más. Se nota que es un sistema chapucero y hecho a toda prisa, ya que sino solo permitirían asignar pero no desasignar.

Huele a que Zoom necesita sacar dinero rápido de algún sitio y es engañando a los clientes