cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird apparent phishing email with zoom.us email address

zoomuser12033
Listener

I received this very strange email from someone supposedly at zoom asking for a random 10 minute catchup. It seemed like an obvious phishing email, except it comes from a zoom.us account. Does anyone have any idea what this is about?

Hi [hidden],

Very nice to meet you - I have taken over as the Chan Ning Lee account manager here at Zoom.

I think it's really important that you know exactly who to reach out if you ever need to speak with someone here in Zoom, especially considering the usage under the Chan Ning Lee domain.

Do you think it'd be worthwhile to have a 10 minute chat so you can put a face to my name and we can begin developing a working relationship?

Cheers,

Marina
6 REPLIES 6

david-vola
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi @zoomuser12033 ,

Is email @zoom.us or an alias? Can you see the sender accurately?

I just didn't understand ... one thing would be a relationship with the Key Account Manager, but with the Key Account Domain Chan?

I'm waiting,

Greetings,

Please mark if this solution helped you so that other colleagues can find it!

Thank you. The email is ***********. She is described as 'Account Executive V-Vast ' in her email signature. Seems very strange.

Sorry didn't realise it would blank it out. It is *********** in the sender field (@zoom.us)

david-vola

So is it an alias or zoom mail?

Please mark if this solution helped you so that other colleagues can find it!

I'm sorry, I don't know the difference. What do you mean? How do I tell?

S_K
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @zoomuser12033 

This does appear to be an email from a Zoom Account Executive. Not too long ago, there was a reorganization in Sales customer account ownership. If the email address was FIRSTNAME.LASTNAME at zoom.us, it looks legit.

If you're still hesitant to respond to the email directly, you can contact our Sales Team directly.