cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webinar 500 price change renewal complaint

qmcmullen
Listener

So last year I paid $1,400 for a webinar 500 attendee package.

During the year I received a 'free upgrade' to 1000 attendees.  I don't need it, but fine.

When I auto-renewed I noticed it renewed for $1,400 for 1000 attendees.  Then I looked at the current price list, and I see that zoom has dropped the price of the 500 attendee webinar package from $1,400 to $690.

So now, I'm one day into a new contract period (but haven't actually paid yet, because the auto-renewal credit card changed).  Typically I find Zoom to be a great product, but it seems they have little interest in talking with customers.  Should I try to email support/sales and ask them to downgrade me to 500 attendee plan and save me $710?  Or will they just say "sorry, you're already renewed, we can't downgrade you until next year."  It would be hassle to actually cancel my account and create a new one, since we have webinar templates, etc. saved.

If I use the website to attempt to downgrade, it won't do it, because I'm one day into the new contract period, and Zoom says I owe them money.

Am I the only one who failed to notice that this "free upgrade to 1,000 attendees" meant that I would automatically renew at the 1,000 attendee level, at a cost that is double the new 500 attendee cost?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mr_Zoomtastic
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @qmcmullen 

Please contact our billing department by opening a ticket using this link: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000983032 Please make sure you are logged in with your Zoom account so we can access all the necessary data on our end.

If this helped, please remember to click on the "Accept as Solution" button below.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mr_Zoomtastic

Hi @qmcmullen 

Please contact our billing department by opening a ticket using this link: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000983032 Please make sure you are logged in with your Zoom account so we can access all the necessary data on our end.

If this helped, please remember to click on the "Accept as Solution" button below.

JCSEID
Listener

You are not alone. Zoom appears to have a business strategy around the auto renew policy. We lost the team members familiar with the account this past year. Zoom notified me of the invoice on the due date which is also day one of the new auto-renewed contract. They invoiced about $2100 over what we actually need with zero time to adjust the plan. The renewals team rejected our offer to shift the difference to the next year's plan. We are hoping someone else at Zoom will reach out with a supportive solution.