cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!! unable to assign license error You have exceeded the limit of license assignment for your....

bravosnk
Participant

okay, maybe i start on the wrong location, let try a new fresh discussion

i dont understand why, i cannot assign my license, 

i can unassign, but after that i cannot assign again, 

is there something wrong?

my license is still more then 10, but i cannot assign to mw account, 

now, i cannot assign the license, and all my account turn to basic, 

and zoom want me to buy more lisence for me to can assign? 

im still missing the point here,

limit 3.PNG

on top of the user account i got this notification

soo im thinking is there a problem with my account, 

i sign up new fresh account, 

buy 1 lisence pro

and add other account, 

ok, now in my admin have to account, 

i try to assign and unassign, 

after 5 times  i cannot assign again, 

new zoom error.PNG

as you can see this is what it say,

so how do i assign new account? i have to buy more and more and more again? 

and after this, how can i assign? 

this is a scam, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Natalie7
Listener

Guys, I think nothing will be solved. Most of the users (me as well) received the same standard reply from tech support: 

Note: Sharing meeting licenses among multiple users is a violation of Zoom’s Terms of service. Per section 1.2 Prohibition on Sharing:

You may not share an account, Host rights, or any other user rights with any other individual, unless otherwise expressly pre-approved by Zoom in writing. You may not share any login credentials or passwords regarding the foregoing with any other individual. You acknowledge that sharing of any such rights is strictly prohibited. Your right to use or access the Services and Software is personal to you and not assignable or transferable. You may not assign or transfer any account, Host rights, or any other user rights with any other individual, except upon (i) an individual termination of employment or relationship with their employer, as applicable, or (ii) Zoom’s prior express written approval.

This Terms of Service agreement, (which most of us agreed to without reading during the recent update), is effective from March the 31st, approximately when the problems started. So, it's just a company policy, it's not a bug. I don't like this way to treat the customers, making significant changes in functionality without proper warning, so I decided to cancel my subscriptions.

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43

Merchant
Listener

Same problem

veronika_greb
Listener

This is what I got from support

Thanks for contacting Zoom Support!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with re-assigning Zoom One or Zoom Meeting licenses. Sharing meeting licenses among multiple users is a violation of Zoom’s Terms of Service.

Per section 1.2 Prohibition on Sharing: You may not share an account, Host rights, or any other user rights with any other individual, unless otherwise expressly pre-approved by Zoom in writing. You may not share any login credentials or passwords regarding the foregoing with any other individual. You acknowledge that sharing of any such rights is strictly prohibited. Your right to use or access the Services and Software is personal to you and not assignable or transferable. You may not assign or transfer any account, Host rights, or any other user rights with any other individual, except upon (i) an individual termination of employment or relationship with their employer, as applicable, or (ii) Zoom’s prior express written approval.

If your use of Zoom services requires additional licenses to comply with Zoom's single-user-per-license requirement, you can visit your Billing page on the Zoom web portal to purchase additional licenses.

For more information, please refer to Zoom error code: “exceeded the limit of license assignment

If you have any questions, please let me know.

I am having the same problem. We are not trying to share licenses and have even tried to buy more licenses (as per your link) just to be able to start using zoom with the HOPE (not holding my breath) that we can be refunded for the licenses did not need later.  Put in a help ticket and crickets 72 hours later.  Any body have any other luck? My best guess if section 1.2 is the reason for the issue, detection has been automated and the automation is flagging accounts that are not in violation (maybe because we tried to get everything setup and working on a single computer?)  We even tried inviting/adding a user that had a license to our group and the license was lost (reverted to BASIC) on both sides.

We just need to be able to create meetings using a single user (integration w/ Acuity Scheduling) and allow the meeting host to be handed off to another user when necessary.

I’m having the same issue A we’re you able to zoom assigning licensing to work? 

Useless. Same problem 

robwaltersii
Listener

Ok, I think this might help anyone who sees this page. I was finally able to assign my licenses. To keep it short I will not go into all the details I have not tested you (or misunderstanding on how the subscriptions worked), but since I had 3 users, I had to pay for 3 pro licenses. Problem solved. Guess it make sense.

We do not need 3 pro licenses, so now I have to figure out how to change the owner (dummy BASIC account just setup to the IT guy could manage the users).  My guess is I will have to delete the account and start over. 

Side note - I have not tested it yet, the two user users that with actually have meetings needed admin access and the owner has admin by default, my guess is you may be able to add members w/ BASIC. Seems like there would be no reason to assign licenses if this was not the case. Makes since all the admins have to have the same license since they can share meetings. It just is not clear.

did that work? 

bravosnk
Participant

@robwaltersii 

buying more is not a solution that acceptable for all, not all using zoom is rich people, in my case is, i just need 1, why would i buy 2? this is already a SCAM, when the admin itself don't want to help me to assign the license, 

and now, i just want to have my money back, because i just need 1, for my meeting, and zoom cannot give me that, in the LAW,  if buy something you have to get something, if not, its just a SCAM, if you buy License, and accidentally un assign because your phone error, or because wrong email, because anything, zoom CS, HAVE to Help user to ASSIGN  to the main email, but they DONT, and they just want you to BUY, 

furkankocak19
Listener

I have assigned and canceled the license, I cannot reassign. Emergency aid

MaximMMM
Listener

We have the same issue

Polina10
Listener

Same problem with our licenses 

Лизавета
Listener

Всем привет!

Столкнулись с такой же проблемой. Вот ответ:

Причина, по которой вам не разрешено передавать лицензию другому пользователю, заключается в том, что эта лицензия была назначена и удалена от одного пользователя к другому, что является нарушением Условий обслуживания Zoom.

В соответствии с разделом 1.2 Запрет на совместное использование: вы не можете делиться учетной записью, правами хоста или любыми другими правами пользователя с любым другим лицом, если иное прямо не одобрено Zoom в письменной форме. Вы не можете передавать какие-либо учетные данные для входа или пароли в отношении вышеизложенного любому другому лицу. Вы признаете, что передача любых таких прав строго запрещена. Ваше право на использование или доступ к Услугам и Программному обеспечению принадлежит вам лично и не может быть передано или передано. Вы не можете назначать или передавать какую-либо учетную запись, права хоста или любые другие права пользователя любому другому лицу, за исключением (i) индивидуального прекращения трудовых отношений или отношений с его работодателем, в зависимости от обстоятельств, или (ii) предварительного явного письменного согласия Zoom. .

Если для использования вами сервисов Zoom требуются дополнительные лицензии для соблюдения требования Zoom о наличии одного пользователя на лицензию, вы можете посетить страницу выставления счетов на веб-портале Zoom, чтобы приобрести дополнительные лицензии.

Добрый день,

Это ответ поддержки или Вы сами нашли?

Поддержка ответила сегодня

Очень интересно. Мы не передаем доступ к аккаунту и изменение идет внутри корпоративного аккаунта

У нас то же самое. Не учетную запись передавали, а тип лицензии меняли.
В условиях про это не очень прописано:

_0-1681398994226.png

Лизавета, а Вы указали им это? что они сказали по этому поводу?

у нас тикет висит уже больше 2 дней

Тоже висело 2 дня. Потом начали отвечать.
Пока не написала им.
Хочу добиться ответа, как вернуть оплаченную лицензию.

Если вы хотите иметь возможность назначать лицензию, которая есть у вашей учетной записи, вам потребуется приобрести дополнительную лицензию, чтобы обновить назначение лицензии.

Если вы не приобретете дополнительную лицензию, вы можете попытаться назначить лицензию снова через месяц с момента, когда вы не смогли назначить ее, чтобы попробовать, если назначение обновится.

Вы также можете ознакомиться с этой статьей Справочного центра https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/14424120171405-Zoom-error-code-exceeded-the-limit-of-licen....

Ayllucomunidad
Listener

Same problem here... So, what's the idea to reasing licence to users feature if its against the "rules" is scam, really, I have oqne licence unassigned and I can't assing, this is scam I will not pay an extra dolar to solve it. 

Ayllucomunidad
Listener

Zoom is doing everything wrong. First, the article Zoom is referring to is about sharing an account, not sharing a license between users. So the interpretation of the rule is up to Zoom, and as users, we cannot complain. Second, many of us have one license to use for our work team, and Zoom made a unilateral decision. Third, if they apply their own rule, it's a misinterpretation, as they have the feature to change the assigned license to others.

The consequences are as follows:

Owners of Pro licenses are hijacked until we pay for another account.

We were victims of an authoritarian regime of a company who acts as the judge and the party.

We have no right to complain.

We didn't receive warnings or any indication of the decision.

We paid for something, but it was illegally denied.

As for how to solve this, I have no ideas at the moment

bramdfd
Listener

this is really a SCAM, mw former billing is 20 license, and already exceed limit, because the people in my organization come and go, so this month, just buy 16, and, suddenly all my account is unassign, 

contact the CS, not very Helpfull, ok, try buy 1 more, still cannot assign, 

try buy 2 more, still cannot assign, 

until i have 25 license, then i can assign, now, if i buy an addon i cannot assign? the CS not helping, the enginering is also not helping, the billing cannot refund, 

what to? i dont know? still use zoom? i dont know, 

i will tell my story in youtube, and hope, others perople dont get scam like i did, 

this is sad, realy sad, 

25 license, just to assign 16 license in my own email 

im buying this service, but i cannot use it? 

which law is zoom apply to? US? 

JacobF
Listener

This is really ridiculous: I can't even assign the license to myself! I hope it's a bug rather than a scam, but who knows? If more people complain publicly, maybe it will put some pressure to the company.

This is me. I deleted all other users, and still my own account w/email associated as Owner, cannot be assigned the available License

MaximMMM
Listener

We are still waiting for them to come back to us. They have given 3 different answers into response to me and my colleagues. The funniest advice was to recent the cache....

Natalie7
Listener

 That's extremely contradictive and illogical. I get a message that I still have licenses available and I'm welcome to assign them within my corporate group, but on the same page I get a message that I have no licenses available and need to buy more. What for? I can't use them! It's irrational... What's going on with Zoom?

Снимок экрана 2023-04-19 в 12.42.38.png

rago0804
Listener

Same Problem

Natalia771
Listener

Same problem( I don't understand what to do

lisab2
Listener

did anyone find out - i am having the same issue- i have 5 users but only 2 of which needs licenses.  I have 2 saying unassigned - but i cant assign- it says i have exceeded  my limit and i have to buy more - which i dont want to do.  Help 

hernan_tovar
Listener

I have the same problem, unsolved!!

Mkussian
Listener

I've been running into the same issue today and I don't know what to do. I tried to contact @Anonymous but nobody is answering my questions. This is very upsetting! Were you able to solve this problem? 

Natalie7
Listener

Guys, I think nothing will be solved. Most of the users (me as well) received the same standard reply from tech support: 

Note: Sharing meeting licenses among multiple users is a violation of Zoom’s Terms of service. Per section 1.2 Prohibition on Sharing:

You may not share an account, Host rights, or any other user rights with any other individual, unless otherwise expressly pre-approved by Zoom in writing. You may not share any login credentials or passwords regarding the foregoing with any other individual. You acknowledge that sharing of any such rights is strictly prohibited. Your right to use or access the Services and Software is personal to you and not assignable or transferable. You may not assign or transfer any account, Host rights, or any other user rights with any other individual, except upon (i) an individual termination of employment or relationship with their employer, as applicable, or (ii) Zoom’s prior express written approval.

This Terms of Service agreement, (which most of us agreed to without reading during the recent update), is effective from March the 31st, approximately when the problems started. So, it's just a company policy, it's not a bug. I don't like this way to treat the customers, making significant changes in functionality without proper warning, so I decided to cancel my subscriptions.

nurrrrr
Listener

I too have the same problem.
Zoom tricked us.

nurrrrr
Listener

I too have the same problem.
Zoom tricked us.

스크린샷 2023-05-01 오후 7.42.06.png

btbeltran
Listener

Same here, unable to assign license.

Has anyone found a solution, besides removing the other users? Thanks.

bethelzjava
Listener

Zoom One Pro: "You have paid features and licenses that are not assigned to users. Assign licenses to new or existing users or manage your license count." I click to assign it TO MYSELF (after deleting all my other users) = error: "You have exceeded the limit of license assignment for your account. Buy more licenses to increase the limit."

Mkussian
Listener

I ended canceling my account and switching to Webex after 3 years with Zoom because they were not able to provide any reasonable solutions. All they did was blackmailing me: buy more licenses and you will be able to use your account again. This is unacceptable and illegal! I am so disappointed!!

MarkJoe
Listener

I am having the same issue.  Once a licensed user gets deleted, or changed to basic, that license is unavailable.

eomfobi
Listener

Same issue for several days - when I did finally get an answer from "support" it was that same one about TOS and was told to wait for the error to go away. When asked when that might be, got the same canned answer. Well we have webinar scheduled for Tuesday so i bought a one month license and can't assign that either. So, unless someone has a solution on that, don't buy another license - it doesn't work. This charge will be disputed with the credit card company but beyond that, I guess we will go with another platform that works and drop Zoom altogether along with all their other paying clients.