cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying whiteboard content

eshelton2308
Explorer
Explorer

I have a teaching exercise that I would like to do with my class. I want to break them into two separate breakout rooms, give them a prompt, and ask them each to brainstorm ideas on a whiteboard. After they finish brainstorming, I would like to bring the entire group back together and display all of their ideas on a single common whiteboard. 

My problem is that I am not finding a way to copy the contents of their breakout room whiteboards to a common full-group whiteboard. I have tried to copy and paste the contents, but this does not work (it seems that in order to open a second whiteboard, the first one must close and then I lose access to that content, even if I have copied it to my clipboard. 

(Zoom Workplace running on my desktop PC)

I'm feeling stuck and would be most appreciative of any ideas to make this exercise work. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BakerHe
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

HI @eshelton2308 

1.  Host open whiteboard in main room

2. Students join breakout room(aka. BO) and open whiteboard , and rename it to a special title

3. Host open out-of-meeting whiteboard, and find the whiteboard created in BO, then copy it to meeting whiteboard.

Here is step-by-step recording:

bo-example.gif

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

BakerHe
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

HI @eshelton2308 

1.  Host open whiteboard in main room

2. Students join breakout room(aka. BO) and open whiteboard , and rename it to a special title

3. Host open out-of-meeting whiteboard, and find the whiteboard created in BO, then copy it to meeting whiteboard.

Here is step-by-step recording:

bo-example.gif

eshelton2308
Explorer
Explorer

Exactly what I needed, thanks so much!