cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anonymous Whiteboard use?

SalBeyer
Explorer
Explorer

Hi, does anyone know if there is now the capacity for participants to use whiteboards anonymously? I want to create post it notes where people can share their thoughts without their name showing.
If there is a way to ensure anonymity this will be very helpful.

4 REPLIES 4

BakerHe
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Hi BakeHe, I don't really understand what this link is actually suggesting. 

I have been trying to get hold of someone on the Zoom technical team as it is quite important for me to help participants in my training sessions to access the whiteboard and make comments without us seeing names of who writes what.

I work with Clinical doctors who are in very stressful situations so it is important for them to have confidentiality.  Please, please, please - can you encourage your technical team in Zoom to introduce an  simple way in whiteboards for the host to enable everyone to be anonymous via a one click button in the settings somewhere easy to see on the zoom control settings.

Is there a technical person who can show me how to do this in Zoom? It seems very complicated.

Many thanks in advance, Sally 

HI @SalBeyer ,

Sorry my answer wasn't clear.

(Untill 2024/07/19) The answer is no.

Users can‘t share their opinions anonymously. 

Everything created on the whiteboard contains the creator information and the editor information.

If other people also want this feature, let us know (in this post or post a feature request to zoom). Then PM may raise the priority of this feature.

SalBeyer
Explorer
Explorer

Hi BakerHe.

Yes, I would definitely like to raise this as a request for a feature when using Zoom whiteboards as it will make a very big difference if a host can make sure that everyone is anonymous rather than taking up time in a session to help each individual find and turn off their own indiviual cursors.  If it could be a button that the host can click that says something like 'turn off all cursors' so we don't know who is saying what that will be very very helpful.

Any way to make people anonymous just in the whiteboard will be great

Thanks in advance for raising this with PM.

Sally