cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to update to 64bit app version

CounoTech
Explorer
Explorer

I have a few Zoom rooms that are currently running app version 5.15.7 (3094) , 32bit. I'm trying to upgrade these to 64 bit via the admin web portal but don't see any option to do so.

The Windows versions of each device is 64 bit so it should be capable. I've read the transitioning to 64bit KB article on Zoom but I don't see the options it describes for the device management to update from 32bit to 64 bit. 

Any help of how to upgrade these rooms would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ZoomZoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi, CounoTech.

5.15.7 is the latest version, so it won't show you the option to update to 5.15.7 64 bits as it currently only allows changing to 64 bits if it is a version above. You can try downgrading to an older version and then update it to the 5.15.7 64 bits.

There are other options and I would recommend to keep this link as reference as it will probably be updated in the next few months: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/17488381480205-Advance-notice-of-end-of-support-for-Zoom-R...

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ZoomZoom

Hi, CounoTech.

5.15.7 is the latest version, so it won't show you the option to update to 5.15.7 64 bits as it currently only allows changing to 64 bits if it is a version above. You can try downgrading to an older version and then update it to the 5.15.7 64 bits.

There are other options and I would recommend to keep this link as reference as it will probably be updated in the next few months: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/17488381480205-Advance-notice-of-end-of-support-for-Zoom-R...

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz

neve
Explorer
Explorer

One of my windows based 32-bit 5.15.7 rooms stopped being able to join meetings. The error was vague "Some of your Zoom Rooms devices need to be updated to join this meeting..". I downloaded and installed the 64 bit version over the 32-bit version and it fixed the issue but may have introduced other less serious issues.