Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join from Room option on laptop not working

rwilt
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi,

I'm experiencing an issues within the company. On several location people have told me the Join from room option when joining a meeting does not working. on the laptop it look like everything is connected correctly, it does pair to the Zoom Room however on the Zoom Room device it self nothing happens. 

I have tried several location all with the same result. 

Does anyone else experience the same issue?

5 REPLIES 5

PhilK
Newcomer
Newcomer

Is it possible that this only occurs with the latest ZOOM client version 5.8.4 (1736).

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @rwilt ,

Are you using the laptop to control the Zoom Room? Do you have an iPad or another brand controller that is being used as the controller for the room? If you go to zoom.us/downloads you can download the Zoom Rooms application to any iPad device to use as a Zoom Room controller. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360028018111-Remotely-Upgrading-Zoom-Rooms

Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi Brandon, 

Thank you for your reply.

The issues has worked itself out (not sure how). However on the Zoom laptop application you have the option "Join from room" to quickly connected to a Zoom Room nearby and start a meeting. Everything went well and you saw on the laptop that it was connected to the Zoom Room and Meeting, however the Zoom Room device (in this case a Poly x50) did nothing. It didn't dial to the meeting. 

So I didn't use the Laptop to control the Zoom Room but to quickly join a meeting. We where able to check with another company and when we asked them to check the issues the experienced the same. I have asked Zoom to further look into this as they told me it was not globally reported.

YaBoiB

@rwilt 

That is great to hear. When you say "Join from Room," are you talking about through your desktop Zoom Meeting Client like this?

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 1.34.46 PM.png

 Where you enter the sharing key from the Zoom Room on display?

I agree that you should also use the support team as a resource here since they will have the ability to view your account and assist you that way. If needed, you can DM me with the ticket number, and I can assist the team in any way. 

Best Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

BrandonNix
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have just started having this issue as well. I am using Client version 5.16.10 (26186). My Zoom Room controller is set up to use Neat hardware, also using a laptop to open the Zoom client and "Join from Room". The meeting starts fine, but after inputting the sharing key, nothing displays on our TV. This use to work seamlessly a bout a month ago. Did you get any resolution for this issue?