cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mute incoming calls from my phone while I'm on a call in my Zoom phone

emanders
Newcomer
Newcomer

Is there a way to mute incoming calls from my phone while I'm on a call in my Zoom phone app?

Context:

I'm using the Zoom app on my phone to make a call.

A call comes in from my phone (not zoom).

It rings in my ear while I'm on my Zoom phone call.

Can I mute it or send it straight to voicemail while I'm on another Zoom call?

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @emanders.  Sorry for the delay in getting to your question.

This particular ringing is most likely controlled by your phone's settings.  The Zoom app only controls it's own ringing.  Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with any setting that will suppress a phone's normal ring when another app is using the speaker/mic... other than perhaps the "Do Not Disturb" feature, which - if you're like me - is often forgotten and left on, and you end up missing calls later.  I'd suggest you try asking on a forum related to your specific phone to see if there's a phone-device setting that can do this.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

This is a huge problem for us in BOTH directions.  If I am on a call on my cell phone and someone calls my Zoom number, the zoom mobile app on my phone rings and I have to ask the caller to hold on while I lower my phone from my ear and decline the zoom call.  Conversely, if I am on a Zoom phone call on my phone and someone calls my cell, it rings and I have to do the same thing to decline the cell call.

Is there no way to get these 2 to "play nicely" with each other?